Free Battery Offer still valid?

Reaction score
First post on this forum. I have been flying Phantom for about a year and am interested in the Solo. Ran across one in Best Buy today and was about to pull the trigger until I found out they had no extra batteries and also the associate knew nothing about the free battery offer. Was just wondering if the battery offer was still good?
Thanks for the help.

Welcome Aboard!!

Sorry, but free Battery offer Expired July 15th.

damnit why didn't i see it. that was a big reason i was getting one over solo

Actually I know two people that bought before July 15, when they were out of batteries.
When they called later to check, they aren't giving them the free battery either because it is is isn't on the website now..... Both are pissed, but it is either return the whole thing or lose $150. Not good choices.

Last edited:
I purchased from frys.com on the 13th. They credited 150 off the solo and the battery now shows a back order. I haven't had a chance to call them, but i'm assuming they will charge and ship once they are back in stock. I will call be calling them tomorrow, since we all know what happens when you assume anything!

This isn't connected to Fry's but is interesting...

I just had an interesting extra battery experience on behalf of my neighbor. He purchased from Best Buy in late June and the extra batteries were back ordered. He called in recently and they said they had no record of it, and the web site said nothing about any free battery, so he wasn't gettiing the battery... End of story.... Of course this was on July 17th and the promotion was already over.

I knew the promotion went on until at least the 15th, and so I offered to help. My Solo died on day one and is in for repairs, so I am living vicariously through his Solo.

I called and originally got shut down, and even had a guy just say "it aint on the website... It didn't happen" and just hung up on me....

With persistence, some savvy, and a bit of luck though, I was able to prove to them the promotion existed on the day he ordered by using the wayback machine, and showing them the web page on that day.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150623...lack/5351035.p?id=1219650465783&skuId=5351035

By correlating the receipt and the web page dates, they had no choice but to accept the fact he was owed a free battery... You can't order them on the site right now, and they couldn't get it coming to him as a back order, so they gave him a gift card for $150, which he will use to order when they have stock.

And I get to fly my neighbors Solo until mine gets back... Hopefully next week...Now for extra battery customer #2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig