@franknitty69..Well Done

Reaction score
Just wanted to do a public shout out to @franknitty69. After over 1,300 pages and almost 20,000 posts, Frank had to close his thread at RCG. While most of us know the history of that thread and what it was turned into by a select few, it was started by Frank with the greatest of intentions and was a great source of information you could not find anywhere else in the early days of Solo. The first page is still a great resource for new pilots and those considering the Solo as a new purchase.

Frank has always been a great source of information and his knowledge is something I hope to see him share more of at this forum.

Thank you @franknitty69!

Yes, it is a shame. I wish that he would have had the ability to keep certain individuals from posting, and thereby keeping the original intent of the thread true.

Frank has always been a great source of information and his knowledge is something I hope to see him share more of at this forum.
Thank you @franknitty69!

I never visited the RCG page. I tried a couple of times but I couldn't really figure it out. What I can say is Frank has been a treasure trove of information here. I read every one of his posts. If I see his name, I'm reading it! I hope we see more of him here!

Jerry

Yeah, it just goes to show that RCG is more concerned with thread counts and search engine results than actually maintaining/moderating threads.

I never visited the RCG page. I tried a couple of times but I couldn't really figure it out. What I can say is Frank has been a treasure trove of information here. I read every one of his posts. If I see his name, I'm reading it! I hope we see more of him here!

Jerry
I totally agree- Frank is a great source of good information!:)

Reactions: J R
Couldn't agree more Frank's been great since I began researching solo. That was a circus and it shows how dedicated frank is to helping out and advancing solo. I threw in the towel on RCG when I kept getting points for disagreeing with the trolls while they were aloud to ruin the thread.

Glad to see him here more now and hope he shifts his efforts over here where they are appreciated.

Won't name folks cause I'll miss somebody, but also want to thank the handful of guys that have been here since early on with this same dedication to helping others and advancing this platform. You guys know who you are and we've spoke plenty of times thanks to the heartbeat of 3dr pilots I appreciate the time you guys have put in to keep this site from becoming a circus like RCG became.

Can some one give me the condensed story? I don't get what went on over at RCG. All I know is Frank gives some solid and in-depth info here.

Thanks,

Jerry
RCG was terrible, it started as a great place for info then Craigiri from the post the other day and other childish phan boys just came in to derail any useful info being discussed. Literally spending hundreds of hours to derail solo, simply because they are phantom obsessed.

Never a useful comment just whining and made it a needle in a haystack to find useful info after a while. Then since dji sponsors RCG those trying to keep the thread on track were punished for it while the trolls were praised. It was pretty sad and done blatantly to try and keep anyone from buying a solo. Most all of these guys had never seen let alone flown one and some were on djis payroll sadly, but it was their mission to troll the thread even before release.

Readers digest condensed version.
@ main posters, one who did not even own ao Solo, are the top two posters of that thread. The first guy, Craig, thinks he is an industry insider and a member of the press. All he disd was trash talk the Solo, 3DR, Chris Anderson, etc... In his eyes DJI is the hily grail of multirotors.... The Other guy, Sasquatch, bought a Solo, for what I think was to only hack it and find all the faults with it, and then take issue with 3DR and the developers. He has a history with 3DR and Arducopter developers going way back. Was even banned from DIY drones. Those are the big players/ there were a handful of minor part players, but it has been a solo trash fest from almost day one. Sadly there is some good info, but you have to wade throught the mire to get at it. Or use the ignore user feature and ignore about 10-12 users.

Sad thing is, how many people did they push away from Solo? Not that it would help 3DR's financials, but still.....

i hated to have to do that, but i tried and tried and it wasn't going anywhere. i literally reported over 500 posts. i had several conversations with mods asking them to look at the thread and they couldn't find anything wrong with what was going on.

to...everybody thanks. i thoroughly enjoy solo and hope i can help fellow solo owners the same way i was helped when i first got into 1/8 and 1/10 nitro on-road (long time ago, galaxy far, far away).

The guy above your post, he started the original RCG solo owners thread and dealt with the circus to help quite a few of us get solo info before I myself could find any. He also let me know exactly which Best Buy stores to hit, to get solo and my gimbal day one when no one else even 3dr and Best Buy would say a word. Very helpful guy who's put quite a few hours into the solo community and finally had to throw in the towel in RCG from how it sounds.

Great work, sorry RCG finally got too out of hand, glad to see ya here more though frank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig