four beeps during flight, what does it mean?

Reaction score
Hi

I was reviewing the GoPro video and during my flight there were four audible beeps (along with all the wind/rotor noise).

I don't know if the beeps came from the Solo or the GoPro, but the GoPro picked it up on its microphone.

I searched the forums and google, couldn't find an explanation of the "beeps"

Any ideas?

NOTE: I was kinda near a cell phone tower, not sure if that matters.

Hi

I was reviewing the GoPro video and during my flight there were four audible beeps (along with all the wind/rotor noise).

I don't know if the beeps came from the Solo or the GoPro, but the GoPro picked it up on its microphone.

I searched the forums and google, couldn't find an explanation of the "beeps"

Any ideas?

NOTE: I was kinda near a cell phone tower, not sure if that matters.
Start/stop a recording from the GP and listen to the tone of the beeps. Are they the same as you heard earlier? The tones from the Solo are very different from what the GP emits.

Reactions: 5r49cfu
Good idea, I did that just now.

The GoPro beeps are definitely different than what is on the video.

Looking over the video, and other videos I've taken, these four beeps happen whenever RETURN HOME is initiated by Solo (due to signal loss).

Thanks!

Good idea, I did that just now.

The GoPro beeps are definitely different than what is on the video.

Looking over the video, and other videos I've taken, these four beeps happen whenever RETURN HOME is initiated by Solo (due to signal loss).

Thanks!
Yep, there's your answer.

I just reviewed more video.

Seems like sometimes when RETURN HOME is activated by Solo, there are NO beeps.

Other times, it seems there aren't four beeps, but maybe one....maybe a couple.

It seems haphazard.

Anyone know the rules???

Also, whenever Solo emits some kind of alert, you should hear the same alert from the 3DR app. Make sure you have the volume of the alerts in the app turned all the way up, as well as your device volume.

Also, any time there's an alert like that, you should also get a visual note of some kind from the app.

Also, whenever Solo emits some kind of alert, you should hear the same alert from the 3DR app. Make sure you have the volume of the alerts in the app turned all the way up, as well as your device volume.

Also, any time there's an alert like that, you should also get a visual note of some kind from the app.

I have not heard any beeps or any sound coming from the iPhone app (aside from the voice announcements).

I do get the "RETURN HOME" on the screen along with the voice saying the same thing--but sometimes all it says is that the controlled cannot reach Solo....and then Solo is there flying home at me (no RETURN HOME) ever displayed.

That makes sense, because how would the controller/app know that Solo initiated RETURN HOME if it cannot reach it??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl