For those that built DIY chargers,how long did you or wish made cords

Reaction score
For those that built DIY chargers,how long did you or wish you made your battery cables. I have a 50' roll of menards monster clone 16 ga speaker wire and about 12' of 12ga. monster cable to power charger. 14ga. cig plug extension adapter cable & some small car battery charging clamps. I was thinking 3-4 feet. with XT30 connectors for the batteries

could I see a picture of the connector setups you guys are using?
I have a couple Ideas for myself... but I am interested in what you all are doing

Here is a photo that might help. I do have three of the Solo compatible charger cables made up so far..
8b8f0b85c5728c18e4dbd22ac24ab193.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice, I have that same HItec charger, I was thinking people were making their own battery ends without having to cut up an existing charger. One of my solos was bought off CL and didn't come with a charger. But, I have another solo from BB and I did the same as you with "deans connectors"
Thanks for the pic!

~Hefe

IMG_3205.JPG Make the cables as short as possible.
Mine are about 30cm (1ft)

Stupid question as I have not done the maiden on mine, but is there an internal chip that "balances" the battery or is it just one big single 5200 mAh battery? Looking at my charger and battery I see nothing but thought perhaps it was like the Traxxas ID batteries.

Dan

Stupid question as I have not done the maiden on mine, but is there an internal chip that "balances" the battery or is it just one big single 5200 mAh battery? Looking at my charger and battery I see nothing but thought perhaps it was like the Traxxas ID batteries. So many people have built do-it-yourself Chargers with a DC to DC Step Up or boost converter. You need to set them up at 16.8 volts output your choice up to 5.8 amps output. You could then feed them with your choice of a DC converter, cigarette lighter charger hooked up your car battery ect...

Dan
They are an entire smart battery. The Smart Board does the charging when supplied with 16.8 volts DC limited to just under 5.9 amps. It'll stop overcharging over discharging and finish the balancing at the end of the charge. Search DIY Chargers for 3dr solo batteries.

Does anyone know where to buy Molex - 46437-1087 with minimum order under 10 pcs?

www.chip1stop.com - out of stock, not sure if there is a minimum order required or not
www.arrow.com - minimum order is 525 and it's out of stock as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso