Flying the Solo with others

Reaction score

Ok guys, I have flow my Solo mostly alone, no other RC in the area. Not that I planned it like that, just the way it has turned out so far. In the spring a bunch of us are planning on getting together to fly and we will have the full run of frequencies in the air: UHF control, 2.4 Frsky, other 2.4 control. 900 telemetry, 900/1.3/2.4/5.8 video A mix of just about everything, even a 72MHz.And I am sure someone will even have a TBS crossfire :mad: not to mention I am sure a phantom and/or an Inspire. A lot of RF! What do I need to watch out for, and how do I mitigate any issues. It's not going to be my primary multirotor to fly, so I can plan accordingly to avoid issues.

Thanks
RJ

Ok guys, I have flow my Solo mostly alone, no other RC in the area. Not that I planned it like that, just the way it has turned out so far. In the spring a bunch of us are planning on getting together to fly and we will have the full run of frequencies in the air: UHF control, 2.4 Frsky, other 2.4 control. 900 telemetry, 900/1.3/2.4/5.8 video A mix of just about everything, even a 72MHz.And I am sure someone will even have a TBS crossfire :mad: not to mention I am sure a phantom and/or an Inspire. A lot of RF! What do I need to watch out for, and how do I mitigate any issues. It's not going to be my primary multirotor to fly, so I can plan accordingly to avoid issues.

Thanks
RJ

I would say:
1. Watch your controller for magnetic interference error.
2. Calibrate your compass when you get to the fly area.
3. ensure SOLO is outside so that the Pixhawk2 Barometer can acclimatize to the air temperature outside.
4. Fly line of sight.
5. Keep an eye on your RSSI value!

Should be good. In a high RF noise scenario I would probably use the factory antennas, none of the alpha stuff or high gain antennas as it narrows the beam width. As, if you fly out of the Fresnel zone then SOLO will probably warn you loss of signal and then RTH. I have swept the factory antennas and they are actually really good for 2.4ghz! Specifically WiFi CH#11.

Meah, what do you think?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buildnfly