Fly Manual mode question

Reaction score
Website
rhinocode.net
So I've been flying in the house in manual mode lately. Flies great apart from the solo is consistently drifting at the 2 o'clock position. Nothing big but it's fairly consistent between flights. I was wondering if there's a 'trim' setting somewhere that I could tweak to see if I could reduce the drift in fly:manual mode

thanks!

Maybe try getting a level out and making or finding a perfectly level spot to do a level calibration would help. It will proly still drift a bit but if it's in one direction consistently this may help. I wish I had a place big enough here at home to fly this thing inside, I've actually been debating a mini of some kind to do this with the past week.

So I've been flying in the house in manual mode lately. Flies great apart from the solo is consistently drifting at the 2 o'clock position. Nothing big but it's fairly consistent between flights. I was wondering if there's a 'trim' setting somewhere that I could tweak to see if I could reduce the drift in fly:manual mode

thanks!
Hi, I'm a Newby in Orange County and I can't even get into the Manual Mode. I went to settings and turned on the Advanced Settings and all I got was some kind of TX power setting and that's all. Any chance of a "Skype" type call? [email protected] 949.378.5134 Bob Chesey

thanks!

Not sure what kind of drifting you mean but assuming it's pitch/roll drift, there isn't a whole lot you can do. You could try finding a level surface (with a phone or a level) then doing the level cal but the problem is the Solo doesn't really have sensors dedicated to stopping that kind of deviation without GPS.

All Solo is able to with gyro/accels is mitigate acceleration in the flat plane but it can't mitigate velocity without GPS. That's to say that if there is any movement when you're inside, all Solo can do (best case) is keep from going faster. With an optical flow sensor and some doing you might find a way to improve hover stability inside.

That said, do be careful flying inside--the updates have fixed most of the signal loss issues but for obvious reasons, you wouldn't want to lose control even temporarily while inside.

Try recalibration of the controller sticks, maybe?

Digging this one up from way back, but even if the issues with gps are solved now you still won't get much of a signal inside unless your roof is pretty thin. I did fly inside a boat show at the beginning of the year before they opened to the public for a family members marina, but even with the large open area of that place it still was all manual. I don't think it even connected to 1 sat, all went well just make sure you have quite a bit of practice and look for any air ducts ahead of time cause that's the only unseen obstacle I came across.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44