Floatation Device

Reaction score
I am working on "swimmies" for Solo ... I've been operating over water quite a bit and envisioned an unplanned water landing - gulp -

Ok... So I am looking to pool noodles As a solution. I cut small slices from the foam and intend to epoxy them to the sides of Solo.

Any thoughts?

This was discussed a long while back and there's some ideas thrown around in an old thread if you want to check it out you can try a search.

Are you planning something to keep solo totally out of water like a landing option or more of a safety just to keep it from sinking if things go wrong. Noodles may work but I wonder how much they will interfere with the thrust since the only place they can really be placed is below props somewhere. Itd be great if it could be done to keep solo totally water free, but much more difficult to achieve than a simple float to keep it from sinking.

Let us know how things go and what you come up with.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
I by mine from savemyphantom.com. A must use after ditching my P2V+ in the the river 1 week after the ice flow. I will never go back into the water again when it is that cold to save a DJI. I will consider doing so to save my Solo. Nevertheless this thing has a 100' titanium thread on a bobber. Very economical recovery system

Burke
Getterback

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado