Flew Solo with GoPro Firmware 5.0

Reaction score
Well I have not flied for a few months, I upgraded the Hero 4 black to firmware version 5.0 and went out and tested it out yesterday. well here is my results. My live feed was completely black.
I have downgraded the firmware to 3.01.36 and I will check to see if the live feed returns.
Feedback is welcomed. Source file was 2.6k 30 FPS.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well I have not flied for a few months, I upgraded the Hero 4 black to firmware version 5.0 and went out and tested it out yesterday. well here is my results. My live feed was completely black.
I have downgraded the firmware to 3.01.36 and I will check to see if the live feed returns.

Looking forward for feedback, My Hero4 Black came with 3.0 and I kept it at that version. I have no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've already deleted my response to your irresponsible flight I posted on your channel.

I'm running a GP4 on ver 5 just fine.
The only time I have not received video feed is at power on.
What I do is get everything but the GP powered on and then turn on the GP.

You've already deleted my response to your irresponsible flight I posted on your channel.
I didn't delete anything. I like your comment, I am actually looking for the pilot who flew so irresponsibly and when I find him I will admonish him very sternly for you and me both.

Feedback is welcomed.

I offer the same feedback that I gave to your posting of this video on Facebook:
Joe Horn on Facebook said:
Flying blind through a cloud is illegal. If you can't see your drone, you can't evade manned craft approaching it. Please stop before you kill people. And stop posting self-incriminating evidence on YouTube.

Reactions: Dan_Solo
My standard setup is:
V3. for my GPB
4k wide, Protune Off.

I only instal V5. if i need any of the new features.
Rarely used, but having options is what make good things GREAT!

Last edited:
I didn't delete anything. I like your comment, I am actually looking for the pilot who flew so irresponsibly and when I find him I will admonish him very sternly for you and me both.

Nice house
Launched at:
6xx Mayo St
Palm Harbor, FL 34683

Tampa International Airport
Class Bravo Airspace
IFR conditions!

John, best of luck getting into the Coast Guard, they don't have any rules for you to follow!

Last edited:

Can I ask what upgrades you have which allowed you to maintain control so far out? Do you think you would of maintained the live feed at that distance if you had remained on version 3?

Thanks.

How high did you actually get? Which antenna?

Thanks-Sid

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150