First Tower Runs and Questions

Reaction score
Website
www.jlphotocreative.com
OK so tonight - with my heart in my mouth I ran my first basic Tower runs! In the words of Borat... "Great Success!" However I have a couple of comments and a couple of questions.

The video that Nuggetz did was awesome. I couldn't have done it without that tutorial, so thanks for that Nuggetz! I had a couple of comments noted however:
  • You don't mention the TX to connect to the Solo. You need the TX switched on and the Solo to communicate (at least I did) After several tests, this is the only way it connects.
  • It is not mentioned that you need to select the correct method to initiate the first telemetry connection. i.e. you get the option of Bluetooth, USB, TCP or UDP. I don't know UDP but that is what I am using to connect my Galaxy S5.
The first run went something like this... I chose not to append a take off and landing to the mission, so I launched manually up to about 7 or 8m and then from the Loiter drop down, selected Auto. because I wasn't standing where I thought I was, the drone shot off to the left to find Waypoint 1, instantly and a high speed! It kind of took me by surprise! It ran the 9 waypoint mission in no time, in fact way too fast in my view. I know you can adjust speed between waypoints, however:
  1. Is there an editable default speed for the flight between waypoints from the get-go?
Because the mission was planned from home, I knew roughly where to stand but there was no home versus actual location to begin with.

I tried:
  • Standard Waypoints
  • Spline Waypoints
  • Pausing for 5 seconds at each Waypoint
  • Altitude adjustments between Waypoints
My next mission will be around the Lake where I filmed on day one with Solo. I will use the middle of the lake as a region of interest.

Watch this space!

Reactions: J R
Glad you liked the video. Yes I neglected to mention that you should always have the solo controller ready to take control. I also didn't mention how to connect.

With regard to speed go into the solo app and set the turtle rabbit speed sliders to whatever speed you want. Tower speed changes should override what that slider is set to if you choose to add change speed waypoints in tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maddog and J R
Glad you liked the video. Yes I neglected to mention that you should always have the solo controller ready to take control. I also didn't mention how to connect.

With regard to speed go into the solo app and set the turtle rabbit speed sliders to whatever speed you want. Tower speed changes should override what that slider is set to if you choose to add change speed waypoints in tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, so how DO you connect? o_O
(Excellent tutorial by the way!)

Set tower to udp and make sure solo and controller are both on then hit the connect button in Tower. Should be on the top right of the screen.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maddog
Set tower to udp and make sure solo and controller are both on then hit the connect button in Tower. Should be on the top right of the screen.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk
Ok, got it. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela