First Test with Android App 1.3.0.beta.4 ...

J R

Reaction score
First Test with Android App 1.3.0.beta.4, 3dr Services v1.5.0.beta.2, FW v1.3.0 on bird and controller, GPH4B was successful.

Put performance settings for Flight and Camera Pan at Medium per Pyrate's discovery in another thread. Bird picked up 10 Sats, 1.5HDOP and RSSI -24db almost immediately. Did a bit of hovering, seemed very steady. Within first 2 minutes bird had settled in with 13 Sats, 1.2HDOP and RSSI at around -50db. Did a quick orbit around my house (115' altitude), performed smoothly and without issue. With flight performance set at medium, speed averaged around 7 mph in Orbit. Did a little free flying, seemed responsive and steady. Flight temperature was about 20 degrees (F) with snow on the ground but virtually no wind. Hit the ground at about 11 minutes in with 40% battery left.

Still have to review the video but all-in-all, very pleased.

Jerry

1.3.0 totally screwed my gimbal- very shaky video- useless.

I think I'm going to sell raffle tickets to smash it with a baseball bat..:mad:

Presuming you've done a compass and level cal ((for no reason) Maybe a sticks recalibration? Fixed something for me in the past with shakiness that should be completely unrelated I thought...

Reactions: Maddog
Presuming you've done a compass and level cal ((for no reason) Maybe a sticks recalibration? Fixed something for me in the past with shakiness that should be completely unrelated I thought...
Yes-yes-no.. I forgot about the stick calibration- thanks, I'll try that!

Reviewed about 10 minutes of video with all new updates. Looks very good to me. about 8-10mph crosswind of what I was shooting out and back. Reviewed with a highly critical eye on 27" screen using Windows playback (full screen). I could see occasionally if I looked very very hard just a flicker now and then but to anyone but the absolute most critical no one would ever pick it out. So, I'm giving it a Gold Star in light of all the other capabilities we have and stable video that is completely usable short of aerial footage for a mini-series. HD4 Silver with ND8 lens, medium speed as recommended. Did have one other unusual occurrence. Have the M8N gps mod, always have 14-20 sats, 1.1 or so HDOP. About 500' out (flew about 3000' out") at about 70' alt,,,Lost GPS for a few seconds. Now that has NEVER happened before so don't know what to make of it. This was with iOS app. I now have the Android app, raining today.

Reactions: Maddog and J R
So, I'm giving it a Gold Star in light of all the other capabilities we have and stable video that is completely usable short of aerial footage for a mini-series.

David,

Thanks for the review! I'm not giving mine any stars until I've had a better chance to test. My flight conditions were definitely not ideal and I kind of rushed things a bit. I do know that I had some definite gimbal flipping, not severe but genuine for sure. Need a better test before drawing any conclusions. From LOS, sound and preview everything looked solid.

Jerry

Dog,

Just looked at my video and mine doesn't look great either. It was too cold to do any more testing today. I'll have to wait for a better day.

Jerry
Wait for a better day?
Could be awhile in your 'hood!:)

Reactions: J R
Reviewed about 10 minutes of video with all new updates. Looks very good to me. about 8-10mph crosswind of what I was shooting out and back. Reviewed with a highly critical eye on 27" screen using Windows playback (full screen). I could see occasionally if I looked very very hard just a flicker now and then but to anyone but the absolute most critical no one would ever pick it out. So, I'm giving it a Gold Star in light of all the other capabilities we have and stable video that is completely usable short of aerial footage for a mini-series. HD4 Silver with ND8 lens, medium speed as recommended. Did have one other unusual occurrence. Have the M8N gps mod, always have 14-20 sats, 1.1 or so HDOP. About 500' out (flew about 3000' out") at about 70' alt,,,Lost GPS for a few seconds. Now that has NEVER happened before so don't know what to make of it. This was with iOS app. I now have the Android app, raining today.

Thanks for your input, appreciate quite a bit. I'm in withdrawal mode as having my only Solo currently is currently at 3DR for repair/review. Can't wait to try this out, sounds real promising. Thanks again very much for sharing your update status.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso