First solo compilation vid

Thanks for the advice Maddog. I was thinking I'd go fly stock and sway to the fplvr antenna after a couple batteries. Then maybe do the imp GPS mod. But as far as wifi cards go, I'm leaning to swapping the controller only, a month or so down the road.
Sounds good. If I do the wifi cards, I'm only going to do the controller to start with also. I really don't like messing around in Solo if I don't have to.

I didn't see any- great video & then somebody has to rain on your parade instead of just enjoying the show.:(

Wasnt trying to rain on anybodies parade. Just always curious as I have been struggling with them myself. And most of the shots were vibe free so I was just curious if there had been some measures taken between the shots with some vibration and the shots without.

Reactions: Maddog
Where do you see them? Is it in footage that hasn't been sped up?

Well upon watching this again yeah its primarily in the sped up shots which im guessing is not micro vibes but just an effect of the editing. Apologies if that came off as negative. Really enjoyed the edit and the shots are waaay better than anything im getting! Did you use any stabilization in post?

No I didn't use stabilization. Some of those sped up shots are 4-5 minutes long compressed down to about 7 seconds, so they won't be totally smooth. I take it back, I believe I used stabilization (warp stabilizer) on the 2 long range videos (flying over forest to the building on the cliff in the gorge, and flying towards/over the river in the gorge). That's why there is a weird effect in there when the bird is turning...the sky does a weird thing at that point.

You can right click a clip and choose speed/duration. That will change the entire clips speed. For more control, like ramping from slow to fast, you right-click on a FX button on a clip and select Time Remapping/Speed. You can then set key frames and change the speed at multiple spots in a clip, as well as change how it changes like a spline curve. Here's a decent tutorial.
Thanks for info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150