Finally I'm ready fo fly but my GP 4 silver doesn't turn on

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been talked about here but i couldn't find the link. Anyway I tried everything but my GP 4 will not not turn on. I have the solo gimbal and set everything as per manual. I see the blinking green light and I can tilt the go 4 thru my transmitter. But it's not on as in no video feed. Everything works ok except it's not turning on. Am I missing something? But I can manually turn on the go 4 and I'll have video feed. But I do know that when you turn on everything- solo transmitter and the bird it should turn on the GP 4 automatically. But not happening. Sorry newbie here. Thanks guys.

Just turn it on first. I sometimes need to not only turn it on, but also press record before attaching to the gimbal. Otherwise i sometime get an error where it will only record for like 45 seconds and then turn off.

What FW version do you have on your GoPro? If it is higher than 3.0 it will no longer turn on automatically when you turn Solo on.

You will need to power it on manually after you place it in the gimbal and power up Solo.

The comments above are correct. The newer versions of GoPro firmware has broken the remote power on capability, but just turn it on BEFORE powering on Solo. Everything else should work fine from that point forward.

I have the solo gimbal and set everything as per manual. I see the blinking green light and I can tilt the go 4 thru my transmitter. But it's not on as in no video feed. Everything works ok except it's not turning on. Am I missing something?

Yes, my GoPro 4 Black does not automatically turn on when I power up my Solo. After starting my Solo and transmitter, I have to manually press the power button on my GoPro to turn it on. After that, everything functions properly, like starting and stopping recording, as well as other camera controls.

Yes, my GoPro 4 Black does not automatically turn on when I power up my Solo. After starting my Solo and transmitter, I have to manually press the power button on my GoPro to turn it on. After that, everything functions properly, like starting and stopping recording, as well as other camera controls.
Did it ever turn on by itself? I got a refurbished one from gopro and it turns itself on/off without an issue. Just wondering if I will have to deal with this issue in the future.

I don't recall it ever turning on. I bought my GoPro 4 Black last October new and updated to the latest firmware right out of the box. I also have a GoPro 3+ Black and that doesn't turn on automatically, either. I believe I recall reading somewhere that it's a firmware update thing. I think if you retrograde back to an earlier firmware it may give you the turn on functionality you want. I'm sure someone here will be able to cite the firmware. I have no issues with turning mine on manually.

If you have a H4 black or silver (only), with firmware version 3.0, the camera will turn on & off with Solo.

Nothing else will work. Somewhere here is a thread with instructions on how to revert back to 3.0.

If you have a H4 black or silver (only), with firmware version 3.0, the camera will turn on & off with Solo.

Nothing else will work. Somewhere here is a thread with instructions on how to revert back to 3.0.
Guess my referb. came with 3.0 then. Thanks!

thanks. all of you guys are correct. the first time I installed it, it turned on automatically and I said that's good. but it will not pan and will not tilt up and down. I took it out again and made sure that my connections are right and tight. put them back in again and the gimbal tilts up and down. awesome I said to myself and now it's working but hold on how come there's no video feed back. turned it on manually and I got the video feed back. I started googling and checked all website on how to fix it but couldn't find any answer. need to check the firmware but I think it's higher than 3.0 so that answers it. I thought my GP4 has an issue as I bought this refurbished just recently. I turned on this bird and man - it's so loud.....anyway thank you all. now I can sit back and relax and start flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M