Final version of Solo fpv monitor

Reaction score
Ok, here's my final version of my mobile fpv monitor for Solo's hdmi out. Everything fits nicely and can't be seen when closed down. Let me know what you think.
Closed.

batteries for the standalone inverter setup :

Pops up and is ready instantly.
[URL=http://s257.photobucket.com/user/Wrexalot_photo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151213_151648.jpg.html][/URL]
works with Solo's hdmi out or the 2.4ghz video from my other fpv quads.
[URL=http://s257.photobucket.com/user/Wrexalot_photo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151213_154927.jpg.html][/URL]
plus I have this little mod for the trailer hitch. Lol
[URL=http://s257.photobucket.com/user/Wrexalot_photo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150908_115113.jpg.html][/URL]

When I first saw it, I couldn't stop laughing. Then I thought it was totally cool!

Red props in the shot, whats going on there?
I have one input channel for the hdmi out from the Solo controller, and also a standard input I can use with my other FPV setups. That picture was from the 800tvl camera on my Blade 350.

Very nice work my freind. Do you have an installer background?
Nope, just a spare afternoon and two kiddos that wanted to help "Make something cool"
Also worth noting... We decided not to mention to my wife what we did to the back of her car. Lol

does the car block off the rc or wifi connection? thats an awesome set up.

does the car block off the rc or wifi connection? thats an awesome set up.
Doesn't seem to... I try to stand off to the side a bit for a clear line of sight between the controller and the quad. But I've yet to see a major difference. Ideally like Erikgraham said, I'm sure it will work best with an amp and an antenna on top of the vehicle.hummm... I bet the wife would notice that though. Lol

kind of like this?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

supposedly hes been able to go like 3 miles while in his car with the antenna on the outside. would be good if he can convert that from phantom use to solo use.

I was thinking it would be cool to make one using servos that would just automatically aim at the bird, wherever it was. Kinda like a gimbal for your antenna lol

I was thinking it would be cool to make one using servos that would just automatically aim at the bird, wherever it was. Kinda like a gimbal for your antenna lol
For sure the most effective. They are available they're called Automatic Antenna Trackers (AAT) A little pricey for me. Will run you between $300 and $350. I guess in the scheme of things, that's not to bad but, I'm having a hard time justifying the expense seeing how I only have about $6 in my whole monitor setup... :)

Reactions: PdxSteve
Very Cool, can this be adapted to any drone for FPV?
Yes, I have the HDMI in for the solo and a standard av in for my other fpv setups
(In the picture I'm using the 5.8ghz fpv from my blade 350)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado