faster ordering through 3dr?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I would be better off ordering a gimbal direct through 3DR or through one of the retailers like B&H? I have it preordered through B&H right now but on the 3DR site it says order now and it ships in 2-3 weeks. Just got notified today from B&H that item is still out of stock.

I ordered my Gimbal from 3DR on July 27th and received it on Monday August 31st.

You are in a large club, we do seem a little happier than the prerorder crowd, but you have to be fairly comfortable with uncertainty to run with us

Ordered from 3DR. I just got mine today. Guess what? It's the one I ordered on Aug 13th direct from 3DR. The one I ordered on April 20th from B&H is still nowhere to be found.

I'm happy to have the gimbal, but I think it's a bit unfair that those who ordered first are still waiting while recent 3DR orders are going out.

there was no point to pre-ordering early, none at all.
I orderded may 9th and im still waiting.

Agreed. It's quite obvious that 3DR is preferring those who ordered from them over their distributors. And what's really terrible about that is, from what I've heard, that 3DR wasn't even set up to take orders, but companies like B&H were. I ordered mine April 16th from B&H and still NADA!!

Agreed. It's quite obvious that 3DR is preferring those who ordered from them over their distributors. And what's really terrible about that is, from what I've heard, that 3DR wasn't even set up to take orders, but companies like B&H were. I ordered mine April 16th from B&H and still NADA!!
I'm in the same boat.......and I ain't happy.

do not order thou 3dr.. call the shops ask if they have it then order it 3dr are still saying 2 - 3 wks and this was on 4/9/15

Don't hate me... I ordered my Solo and gimbal together direct from 3DR on Aug. 2 and received both on Aug. 25 shipped directly from China. That was a long 3 weeks!

Sorry guys... no, it's not fair. Hang in there.

Does anyone know if I would be better off ordering a gimbal direct through 3DR or through one of the retailers like B&H? I have it preordered through B&H right now but on the 3DR site it says order now and it ships in 2-3 weeks. Just got notified today from B&H that item is still out of stock.
Ordered my gimbal direct from 3Dr once I saw that they were fulfilling orders on 23 August and 9 business days later, I got a UPS notice that I had a shipment inbound from China direct. The gimbal arrived on 3 September, just in time for my beach vacation! I think your chances are better with 3DR than a third party at this point. Eventually the stores will catch up. I use BestBuy to stock up on any thing 3DR in stock at the time. All set now with gimbal, Solo, GoPro lens filters by PolarPro (polarizers, ND), Galaxy Tab S2 (works great in direct sun), etc. I modified by stock mobile device holder to accommodate the Tab S2. (I took the holder off the controller and took it into the store to test each compatible screen). I am testing out a prototype sunscreen while at the beach as well to help with the sun glare. Initial tests with Galaxy Tab S2 are very promising... screen is usable in direct sun and even better with a deep inset sun screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig