Ending Tower mission?

Reaction score
If you upload a Tower mission and decline to include a takeoff & landing, when the mission ends it appears that Solo is in "Loiter"? At that point what is the best way to take control: Switch to Manual? Press "Fly"?

Asking because the last/only time I used Tower it didn't end that well. :(

Think I just had the same problem timzee. Ran the mission fine and landed on the landing spot but then powered up and flipped over. I declined the landing and take off but it did takeoff when I hit auto.

Think I just had the same problem timzee. Ran the mission fine and landed on the landing spot but then powered up and flipped over. I declined the landing and take off but it did takeoff when I hit auto.

In my case I did not set a landing point but for some reason was not able to take control when Solo reached the last waypoint in Tower. Can't remember now exactly what I tried but it did not respond to FLY or MANUAL. Somewhere in the process if trying different things it just fell of the sky.

Reactions: jca
I saw post from someone else who had the same thing happen to them that I did. Don't think I'll mess with tower anymore.

I saw post from someone else who had the same thing happen to them that I did. Don't think I'll mess with tower anymore.

OTHO, there are many folks who use Tower very successfully. Given the usefulness of the app-- if you have a need for that kind of functionality-- I think it would be worth trying to figure out what's causing the problem and giving it another shot. Of course, easy for me to say... ;)

Yeah, don't really have a need for it. If someone chimes in here and says I shouldn't have declined takeoff and landing or I shouldn't have programmed a landing, or has some idea of why it landed started to power down and then flipped over, maybe I'll try it again.

It would be interesting to hear from folks who use Tower extensively without issue.

Yeah, don't really have a need for it. If someone chimes in here and says I shouldn't have declined takeoff and landing or I shouldn't have programmed a landing, or has some idea of why it landed started to power down and then flipped over, maybe I'll try it again.

Reactions: jca
I have flown hundreds of Tower flights. Depending on the payload sometimes I use the RTL other times I have the flight plan end and then take control of it. Typically pressing the FLY button will take control of the Solo and then able to hand fly it. Its very rare that the FLY button doesnt take it but I have also pressed PAUSE then FLY and that generally overrides whatever is causing the issue.

As for powering up and flipping over. I have had this happen but only if the landing spot was not fairly level. We generally fly off of a 2x2 piece of 1/4" ply to keep the camera clean on takeoff. If we get a leg off the edge and a corner drops the Solo will often not disarm and try to keep itself level. This is a very rare occurrence for us as we get pretty good at guiding Solo to the board on landing.

Tower is pretty good tho not perfect and has a few hiccups here and there. Hope this helps a bit.

Reactions: jca and Saijin_Naib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo