Elevated landing pad

Reaction score
Happened across this Bistro Set on clearance @ local Walmart for $15.00
Adams Manufacturing Quik-Fold Cafe Set, Sage - Walmart.com

All poly construction so no magnetic interference which is nice because of rebar on our concrete drive. Extra nice for this old man not having to bend over. Covered the top by gluing textured rubber from Menards down with contact cement. fols up nice for transport.IMG_2319.JPG IMG_2320.JPG IMG_2321.JPG IMG_2323.JPG

I'm going to try one of those.

Of course, one would manually land Solo.
Even though using RTL to land my Solo, it landed just 6" from takeoff yesterday, today it may land 3' from takeoff? Wind, GPS drift,....
So i would suggest to manually land it. You can sill have GPS on, just take control on final landing.

Nice idea...

Last edited:
I have a very similar table and don't think i would find it very satisfactory as a launch or landing platform.

Most places I go the terrain is not level or even for a four point contact. Three are better to eliminate wobble, look at tripods they use three legs for a reason.

Also note how narrow the base footprint is compared to the top. Could be tippy if not level, especially with an off-center landing.

If you find a spot that is level and even enough to use it you may not need it. Sand might be an exception, you dig the base in.

YMMV

I have a very similar table and don't think i would find it very satisfactory as a launch or landing platform.

Most places I go the terrain is not level or even for a four point contact. Three are better to eliminate wobble, look at tripods they use three legs for a reason.

Also note how narrow the base footprint is compared to the top. Could be tippy if not level, especially with an off-center landing.

If you find a spot that is level and even enough to use it you may not need it. Sand might be an exception, you dig the base in.

YMMV
I do carry a pair of ankle weights with me to drape over the lower legs. Have not yet found a need for them. Also comes in very handy as a work station when changing memory cards or what ever. and the chairs are not bad when taking a break.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado