Drotek GPS Bracket

Nice work! Can't wait to get the "kit" when your done acquiring the components! We still need to arrive at a number, have any thoughts yet?

Hi guys, so here's what I have on the bracket. It looks like there's only 5, which is good, because they're way more time and effort than I could justifiably charge for. Here's what I'm thinking will cover all that someone would need:

The bracket, which you can use the stock screws to attach to the cover. I tapped the bracket for M3 screws and will send 3 nylon screws. These will save weight and be less metal around the GPS to avoid potential interference. A few strips of copper foil tape (I only have 30mm, so you'll have to overlap, best to do it over wax paper or something), and a template to cut out a new copper shield. There's a 36mm x 36mm square in the template that you can use to insulate the foil from shorting anything on the GPS. And the cable, I'll wire the Solo end and crimp the connectors on the GPS end but leave them loose and just send a JST-SH connector housing so you can assemble it for your particular GPS. If your GPS has a compass, it may break the compass out on it's own connector, or it might include that with the GPS in one 6 pin connector, so I'll just send two - a 4 pin and a 6 pin housing. You won't use the compass on the GPS, if it has one, for the Solo.

I have some wire for the cables on order, it'll take a week or two to get here from China. I couldn't find any suppliers in the US that would sell multi-color wire in anything less than 1000 meters or something like that.

Give me your thoughts on price, not looking to really make much, material costs are pretty low it's really just the time.

bracket-jpg.3371
The fact that You are capable of doing some thing most of us can't has real value. Gives a number that You are comfortable with.

Sorry guys, been busy with work. Ummm, so just personally, I know that I probably wouldn't pay more than $10 to $15 for something like this. If people think that's reasonable, let me know.

Well if you guys think it's worth $20, who am I to argue! ;)

If people are ok with US Postal Service, I'll take care of the shipping, 1st class should be under a buck. The wire for the cables still has probably 2 weeks on the slow boat from China. As soon as it gets here, I'll start making up cables.

If people want to just PM me names, addresses and let me know how many you want, as soon as I have them ready I'll get back to people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado