Drone Terrorist Attacks on Civilian Aircraft Feared

Reaction score
Drone attacks on airliners are the biggest risk warns expert

It seems to me that it would actually be quite difficult to purposefully do this without very advanced homing equipment. I don't think flying something, even with FPV, that travels 50+ mph into something traveling 200+ mph is not as easy as it may seem. Not that they won't try it. Of course, if they try it a few hundred times, the blind squirrel could find the nut...

Drone attacks on airliners are the biggest risk warns expert

It seems to me that it would actually be quite difficult to purposefully do this without very advanced homing equipment. I don't think flying something, even with FPV, that travels 50+ mph into something traveling 200+ mph is not as easy as it may seem. Not that they won't try it. Of course, if they try it a few hundred times, the blind squirrel could find the nut...
Disagree. A skilled pilot could easily intercept a jet on a predictable path. Besides a 747 approach speed is around 160 mph. Still difficult but VERY doable with a off the shelf Solo

Disagree. A skilled pilot could easily intercept a jet on a predictable path. Besides a 747 approach speed is around 160 mph. Still difficult but VERY doable with a off the shelf Solo
Mr Smith said that people like to fly alongside aircraft to get a look inside the cockpit.

Really? What kind of drone could fly that fast? Intercepting and then basically "flying in formation" with another plane is very difficult & requires great skill.

I think if you did it near an airport with a plane on final approach you might succeed. I don't think such a collision would bring the plane down. Might take out an engine, possibly break the windshield but both are very survivable.

Last edited:
Mr Smith said that people like to fly alongside aircraft to get a look inside the cockpit.

Really? What kind of drone could fly that fast? Intercepting and then basically "flying in formation" with another plane is very difficult & requires great skill.

I think if you did it near an airport with a plane on final approach you might succeed. I don't think such a collision would bring the plane down. Might take out an engine, possibly break the windshield but both are very survivable.

I could but would NEVER try with my Solo - or any other. I really don't see the logic to fly in formation? To intercept as into ram it. It is much easier then shooting a bullet as you can control your lead-in angle real-time. Holy crap! It's a not so advanced human homing control. Is this patentable? lol. This discussion and ideas that stem from it should be no means to be interrupted in helping those of hatred actions. It is public knowledge.

Having fun with words as I been studying patents.

FYI any object hitting a jet on final has the potential to take it down. Remember the broken turbine blade penetrating a fuel tank of a Concord. The probability could be up for debate.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I could but would NEVER try with my Solo - or any other. I really don't see the logic to fly in formation? To intercept as into ram it. It is much easier then shooting a bullet as you can control your lead-in angle real-time. Holy crap! It's a not so advanced human homing control. Is this patentable? lol. This discussion and ideas that stem from it should be no means to be interrupted in helping those of hatred actions. It is public knowledge.

Having fun with words as I been studying patents.

FYI any object hitting a jet on final has the potential to take it down. Remember the broken turbine blade penetrating a fuel tank of a Concord. The probability could be up for debate.
Yep- too many variables to predict the outcome with certainty.

I can think of far more devastating ways to use a drone that are infinitely simpler than the above scenario.
I have great footage of me flying the P2V+ in the middle of a large fire work show(on private property in the country). Sustained 3 nice burn marks and tips blow of the props. It's really good therapy after dealing with DJI support. Some like to hunt, I like to intercept motars. .I like my solo way too much for it to follow suit. It's shame as I have full accidental and liquid damage on the Solo, Gimbal and GP4. I should dial it up a few notches and play with Acro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44