Drone Registration Refund

Reaction score
How long should it take to get the $5 refund?
I thought it was an immediate thing but it's been a week and I haven't see a refund.

Last edited:
I thought it was an immediate thing but it's been a week and I haven't see a refund.
You do realize you are dealing with the US Government, right?

Reactions: yhax
If you register before the Jan. deadline you get a refund of your $5 charge. I registered on the 22nd and still haven't seen any credit on my card yet. They probably have to wait to approve the new budget.....:confused:

I PayPal you the 5 bucks, if you really need them that bad...

If you register before the Jan. deadline you get a refund of your $5 charge. I registered on the 22nd and still haven't seen any credit on my card yet. They probably have to wait to approve the new budget.....:confused:
Oh. Yeah. Forgot about it being free the first month. I'm just going to wait until the AMA says to register. (I assume most of you got their email about holding off).

Hawaiian vacations can be rather expensive.

lol

It's five bucks so I don't really care and I doubt anyone of us with a $1000 drone is missing it. It is slightly annoying that the FAA made it seem like it was an immeadate refund type thing.

Then again, we should consider who we're dealing with.

I thought I remembered reading while signing up that it would be refunded after the free registration period ends. But also agree, it's 5 bucks.

... I doubt anyone of us with a $1000 drone is missing it...
Totally disagree.

Your statement is probably true for people with 15k setups, but not for the ones with a RTF drone. $1000 or not. The amount of people that seem broke (based on their on statements and reactions to small ticket items), is shocking.

Never have I seen more people complain about prices, than I have in the RTF drone scene.

$5 is $5...I'm a long, long way from being broke but I still want it back if the FAA says they're giving it back. I value every dollar I own.

I was only stating that most folks flying $1000+ hobbies can probably stand being w/out $5 for a short while.

$5 is $5...I'm a long, long way from being broke but I still want it back if the FAA says they're giving it back. I value every dollar I own.

I was only stating that most folks flying $1000+ hobbies can probably stand being w/out $5 for a short while.
So you are saying you are loaded? Good for you. LOL. (Just giving you a hard time).

Anyhow, I agree. It is not the amount, it is the principle. If they say they are going to pay it back, they should pay it back. But why would I start a thread over something like that? I would not waste one second of my time, trying to figure out when I get those $5 bucks back. I would just wait and see what happens. But that is just me.

Anyhow, I was not talking about you in particular, rather than the people you addressed (the ones with $1000 drones). I understand how one would think that someone that spends $1000 bucks on a drone, is not going to get bend out of shape over $5 bucks. I, on the other hand, made different observations. Having been in the Drone scene for a few years now, I have never seen so many "broke" people before (in regards to a Hobby), and that is fine. I am not blaming, or pointing fingers, at anyone that is "broke". I was just making a statement in response to your statement.

Lets move on. What do you think? : )

Completely agree. I'm thinking I misread your post. I wouldn't consider myself loaded, lol.

Happy flying!

Oh. Yeah. Forgot about it being free the first month. I'm just going to wait until the AMA says to register. (I assume most of you got their email about holding off).
i believe ama is blowing smoke [EXPLITEVE REMOVED]
ama is not going to be able to do anything about the registation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which has a $5 maintenance fee.
If this keeps up, the universe will break.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso