Drone Laws and Responsible Flying?

Reaction score
Website
www.nystromproductions.com
So I was having a conversation with a co-worker today and we were trying to figure out the best way to handle being confronted by law enforcement, business owners or just people in general when it comes to using your drone and filming in public places. I want to make sure I am flying responsible but at the same time I want to be able to be within my rights. Does any have any best practices in regards to this? I have been flying at a public park by my house and also at the new middle school that isn't open yet above their football fields and soccer complex. I also have taking it up in my neighborhood from my driveway but wifi congestion doesn't give me much range at all so I will avoid flying at home as much as possible. Just looking for some thoughts from you guys on this topic, thanks!

Print the applicable federal/local laws and keep them organized and with you. Highlight the areas regarding UAV's, RC and photography if they are embedded in larger documents. This keeps the conjecture and misunderstandings down to a minimum, and also lets them know you have thought about this and are likely more knowledgeable than they are :)

Reactions: Nystrom Productions
its a privilege to fly drones its not a right but make it more like a common sense in regards to safety and always be mindful that this is new a flying camera and progressing rapidly that we need to help educate others and at the same time do your homework so you can answer all their questions...if people will tell you to stop... you need to respect their privacy. Thank you and flysafe

Be aware that these days many states have their own laws, so be sure to check yours.

Also, schools and town property may have their own issues, some towns may consider it private property in regards to getting permission to fly.

As always, fly safe and don't exceed the faa 400 foot limit and stay in sight of your aircraft. It would be nice if Solo owners became known as safe and considerate pilots.

Reactions: xtreme

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150