Difference between ArduCopter and OpenSolo?

Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but

My Green Cube arrived today , installed ArduCopter 3.5.2 & Parameters , can you please explain the difference between this and Open Solo? And if I'll benefit from OpenSolo just yet?

Or any helpful links..

Cheers

the big difference is that you can do a factory reset with open solo - quick and easy.
If you want do a factory reset just with AC you need to install the stock cube again, before you do the reset.

Great, and I can install OpenSolo while on Arducopter 3.5.2 no worries ?,
If I follow Matt's instructional video?

Hold off on it for now. The install procedure has botched for several people with green cubes and it is a pain in the ass to undo. I'm working on some new procedures to fi that.

Ohhh just finished the install , went smoothly, followed your YouTube video exactly , just calibrated,and about to take it out for first flight

P2P: As a member of the distinguished "botched" club, can you give me any guidance to undo the damage I did while I wait for the new install procedure? These things are just digital devices, seems like I ought to be able to change their entire personality by swapping out their boot memory, true? Or do I need to hook up Mission Planner to the USB port on the cube?

Thanks in advance,

- Bruce

When you say "botched" is it during the initial files being loaded? I've done a stock cube and a green cube so far and all seems good although I have not flown them yet.

When you say "botched" is it during the initial files being loaded? I've done a stock cube and a green cube so far and all seems good although I have not flown them yet.
I got to exactly the same point as Michael Lione showed in his short video clip. I wrote up my experience in the "Open Awesomeness" thread (sorry, I'd stick in a link here but doing this on a phone while at work is awkward at best).

No it's when it loads the ArduCopter FW on the pixhawk. If it fails to detect the green cube, it will try to load the stock 3DR FW, which is incompatible.

Yes you're good. Believe me if it didn't work, you'd know it. It would be a pretty looking brick.

Pedals 2 Paddles,
I’m looking at my Green Cube and HERE system ( sitting on table ) and I have patiently been waiting until I think it’s fool-proof. I have watched your video and have read the different threads to identify where others made mistakes so I don’t do the same- Was all ready to go- then seen your post to “ hold off on it for now “ - so guessing I’ll wait a little longer! Thanks!!!

I really don't understand why everyone makes all these mods to solo.
Mine is about a year old and I fly it just as it came.no mods at all.
It's a 300 dollar remanuf.
Never had a problem. Gps,camera, and all gadget work great.
Am I missing something?
Not a pro ___yet. Also have a backup that's a virgin.

Bill

I really don't understand why everyone makes all these mods to solo.
Mine is about a year old and I fly it just as it came.no mods at all.
It's a 300 dollar remanuf.
Never had a problem. Gps,camera, and all gadget work great.
Am I missing something?
Not a pro ___yet. Also have a backup that's a virgin.

Bill
if you don't understand it, and are happy with what you got stay right there.
Yes out of the box Solo rocks. But it is getting older. This new page opens the door for solo to get new goodies for years to come. When the Phantom 10 is out, solo will still be getting better

Reactions: Saijin_Naib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150