Decreasing solo speed during mission

Reaction score
When running an autonomous mission with tower and my solo the default speed pf the copter is very fast . How can I decrease the speed from the default . Some where i heard that there is a parameter that can decrease it any help would be greatly appreciated
Chuck

When running an autonomous mission with tower and my solo the default speed pf the copter is very fast . How can I decrease the speed from the default . Some where i heard that there is a parameter that can decrease it any help would be greatly appreciated
Chuck
After you place a waypoint, touch it to bring up this dialog box:
image.jpeg
Then touch the triangle next to the word "waypoint" to bring up this:
image.jpeg
You can then select "change speed" which will turn the waypoint to a "change speed" waypoint. Lower numbers are slower but I don't remember how they correspond to MPH.

Here is a good video from a forum member:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: DJMc and pyrate
I have Tower set for imperial units of measure. So the change speed command is MPH. I wouldn't know what it is in other formats, but I believe it follows whatever you have set. Also, in my experience the speed change is unreliable if it is the first waypoint of the mission. I always make it the second.

Reactions: Maddog
I have Tower set for imperial units of measure. So the change speed command is MPH. I wouldn't know what it is in other formats, but I believe it follows whatever you have set. Also, in my experience the speed change is unreliable if it is the first waypoint of the mission. I always make it the second.
Good points! Others have mentioned the same about making the speed waypoint the 2nd one but I forgot about that. Haven't used a Tower in a while.

Also, you put multiple speed changes all throughout the mission.

2nd w/Pyrate's comment & thanks for clearing up the second waypoint choice Pedals. Been discouraged on messing w/tower lately, just the info I was looking for (I'm sure it exists if I searched the forms harder)

Any opinion on how many speed changes per mission? End of each flight line? Every other? Based on coverage area? Thanks

I mean you can put as many in as you want based on your needs. If you want to fly a portion of the mission at 15mph, then slow down to 5mph for some photos, then fly home at 30mph, you can do that. You do not need to set it once and live with it if you don't want to.

I use speed change with every survey to slow it to 15mph. It's the first WP I enter. But since I add the HP for takeoff and landing on upload it technically becomes the 2nd command.

That's how I make it #2 also. Because #1 is always a takeoff command. Even if I intend to take off manually.

Reactions: speatuk
That's what I do too.
Never thought it as the second command I was wondering why mine was working ok. Lol.

FWIW,

I alway "manually" take off and land too.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44