Convert AW pod to CW?

Yes are far as wiring. The plastic motor frame however is keyed/notched for either CCW or CW, as are the arms. Haven't looked hard at it, but I'd imagine a file or dremel could resolve the difference. The pod frame does offer some mechanical stability to the mounting of the complete pod into the arm, so remove less rather than more if you attempt.

Measure twice, cut once....

Thanks Rich! I guess the other factor I hadn't considered is the switching out of the threaded bell housing to keep the prop snug. I think CW motor have a higher failure rate than AW. At least the price of pods on eBay kinda reflects that idea. Thats why I wanted to buy the cheaper AW's and convert.

So switching the red and the blue wires on the pod board should reverse the motor spin correct?

So switching the red and the blue wires on the pod board should reverse the motor spin correct?
Basically it is just a swap of wires for the rotation, use another pod to confirm wiring orientation.

Brain fart on the prop adapter (bell), would be good idea to swap that out....;) I'm flying with T-motors, so the prop adapter can be changed easily.

Which ever, the black motor is the common dysfunctional motor since I've been keeping tabs. And for what ever reason it always seems to be #4, right rear.

CurrentUAS had stock on motor pods, just another source for them. What are pods selling for these days? When 3DR offered them they were $60 each...IIRC

Thanks Rich! I guess the other factor I hadn't considered is the switching out of the threaded bell housing to keep the prop snug. I think CW motor have a higher failure rate than AW. At least the price of pods on eBay kinda reflects that idea. Thats why I wanted to buy the cheaper AW's and convert.

Yes, swapping two of the three wires will reverse the motor direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank Rich! I just bought the B&H one you recommended. eBay has them from $55 to $80 depending on if you go used or new. I'm still going to try rotation swap with some of my spare parts. Since you're keeping tabs my #4 pod seized. (12 feet AGL and to this day I have know idea how I landed that bird on all 4's)

Reactions: RichWest
Since you're keeping tabs my #4 pod seized.
I was, as I have T-motors because of the #4 motor...they run like butter.

I still feel the issue was lubrication of the bearings. After my swap I tested several of the old motors as original and lube made improvements to their vibes and/or balance. Buts once they are damaged, bearing replacement is the only solution for stock pods.

The B&H deal is quite the bargain considering what they cost originally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus