Controller Stuck on "Preflight Update" Message

Reaction score
I updated my phone Solo app to the latest by 3DR... Updated the controller, got the green checkmark but now I get the controller showint it is stuck with the on-screen message of "preflight update". I did this after pairing a new solo (a replacement copter) to my existing controller. So now my controller is paired to the copter successfully but the controller is stuck on the message of requiring a "preflight update".

What doesn't make sense is the app in my phone says "System Up To Date!" when I try to run an update of the Solo but obviously there is an issue because both the joystick controller graphic and solo icon just have dashes above them indicating the phone isn't reading the version on the controller or Solo copter. I also uninstalled the app from my phone and did a full reinstall of both 3dr services and the solo app and get the same result. Colors on the copter LED lights are red in the back and light blue in the front.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks,
-Mike

Reactions: Fen
Great news... after a lot of fussing and resetting the controller and uninstalling and reinstalling the Solo and 3DR services on my smartphone the issue sort of went away and I was able to get the controller paired to the copter (which was actually the easy part) and updated to the latest 2.0 revision to Solo's "brains". For those that have issues in the future I think what finally ended up working was:
1. Uninstall the software from the phone (3DR Services, Solo & Tower).
2. Hard reset the controller. I even pulled the battery for a minute to make sure everything was fully reset.
3. Pair the controller to the new copter.
4. Reinstall 3DR Services and Solo on my android phone (Tower isn't necessary to get things working).
5. Run the update on the controller and copter.

The following links were helpful but didn't work right away... or perhaps it may have been a bit of user error as well:
Pairing the Controller | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology
Factory Reset | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

After everything seemed to work I ran the copter inside (without props) and gps signal acquired and all was good.

Best,
-Mike

Thanks for this post. I had to reset my Solo and this was helpful in getting everything back up to speed!

Reactions: Todd123

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44