Continuous photos

Reaction score
Id like to use the Solo to create some 3d models, but I need to somehow trigger the GoPro consistently at about 1 picture per second (not 100% sure on the rate yet since its based on speed) One option is to set the Solo to orbit mode and then trigger the shutter manually, but is there way to automate shutter control using a planned mission. The orbit height, the camera angle, speed of orbit and shutter speed would all need to be automated. Is this possible>

Thanks

You could also write a python script if the GoPro presets prove unsatisfactory. But that is is quite a bit more involved than simply using the presets. So try those first ! ;)

Well I think Mission Planner has the option to for shutter control, but I don't know if anyone has ever been able to do it with Go Pro

Tower and mp will allow you to setup a mission for a survey. Its sets up a trigger for the gopro by how far the solo is distance from last camera trigger point. It more reliable for overlapping. Very quick and very easy to setup. Do a search on this forum on how to do it. The info is here.

Last edited:
Hmm well for 3D imagery I want a picture like every 1-3 seconds during an orbit...I wonder if it can do that

Yes all there for years have a look at tower (android app) - it has a structure scanner. Set it us how you need, you click on the target on the map, set a radius, a start height, a step height, number of steps, the camera type and it does the rest, including triggering the gopro.

I'm guessing solex will have it in the future too. Not sure if kelly has added that yet.

Chris

Can the same thing be done with Mission Planner. I have QGroundControl on iOS...which is similar to tower

Can the same thing be done with Mission Planner. I have QGroundControl on iOS...which is similar to tower

MP yes has circular suvey, is similar to what i described for tower. Not sure about qgroundcontrol. Suggest you poke around in the planning area. Bound to be something there for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig