Constant beeping alarm and magnetic interference

and the strange thing is that I have not opened the drone from the útlimo flight until the problem started, being on my desk without moving. And minutes before during the test was working perfectly

No idea, the second compass is on the same cable, I've no idea if that triggers the same alarm.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I had this problem!
The solution is

I helped this! Thanks to all!

From Tower App
1.- Follow the steps shown.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the reset.

Dear all,

I am kind of new in drone world, but flying since one year ago with my Solo without any kind of problem. I was watching this thread and trying to fix my Solo... but now, I am kind of desperate.

Everything with my solo was OK until I tried to connect him on Mission Planner and also with IOS (I was always using Android and then I used a IPhone 5S). I really do not know the cause of the problem but that two actions was made before one beep starts and never stops since then.

Info:
1. Problem showed up just after configuration of IOS app and "wizard" configuration on Mission Planner (MP has stoped in the middle of the configuration and It was necessary to restart it).
2. It is an intermitent beep starting 30 seconds after powering Solo and stopping for 30 seconds just after run the level or compass calibration (even sucessfully or not).
3. GPS gets lock normally. Looks like totally functional.
4. It is not posible to Fly. When trying to Arm motors they just disarm.

Actions I already did:
1. Controller reset. To avoid IOS/Android controller misunderstanding. Controller was reseted, IOS uptaded and both are now working well. (I was not able to calibrate level using Solo or Tower app until I conclude this action, and after reset I've got "sucesfull" calibration for level and compass usiing both app).
3. Gimbal and GPS cables. Checked. Everything is connected.

Beep keeps on.
I was thinking about a master reset... What you think about it?
I will really appreciate your help.

Dear all,

I am kind of new in drone world, but flying since one year ago with my Solo without any kind of problem. I was watching this thread and trying to fix my Solo... but now, I am kind of desperate.

Everything with my solo was OK until I tried to connect him on Mission Planner and also with IOS (I was always using Android and then I used a IPhone 5S). I really do not know the cause of the problem but that two actions was made before one beep starts and never stops since then.

Info:
1. Problem showed up just after configuration of IOS app and "wizard" configuration on Mission Planner (MP has stoped in the middle of the configuration and It was necessary to restart it).
2. It is an intermitent beep starting 30 seconds after powering Solo and stopping for 30 seconds just after run the level or compass calibration (even sucessfully or not).
3. GPS gets lock normally. Looks like totally functional.
4. It is not posible to Fly. When trying to Arm motors they just disarm.

Actions I already did:
1. Controller reset. To avoid IOS/Android controller misunderstanding. Controller was reseted, IOS uptaded and both are now working well. (I was not able to calibrate level using Solo or Tower app until I conclude this action, and after reset I've got "sucesfull" calibration for level and compass usiing both app).
3. Gimbal and GPS cables. Checked. Everything is connected.

Beep keeps on.
I was thinking about a master reset... What you think about it?
I will really appreciate your help.
You may need to do a reset. The MP wizard is not for the Solo, it is for other craft that use the existing Pixhawk, APM etc. When it told you that your FW was out of date and you allowed it to upload to Solo, you erased the Solo FW.

Reactions: RENATO TOME
THANK YOU Ian! I flew mine into a tree about 3 feet off the ground earlier today and it flipped over, hit the ground and shredded all the props. After turning it back on again it was beeping incessantly and I found this article. After the compass calibration was unsuccessful I popped the battery tray out and inspected the GPS cable. The connector was solidly plugged in but I removed the entire cable from both boards anyway. Under close examination it was clear that the red wire (its always the red wire isn't it ;) ) was not firmly in the GPS-hood connector. I reseated it making sure the terminal was firmly in the connector then reassembled the entire thing. Not only did it resolve the issue but the GPS satellite acquisition was significantly quicker tonight that it has ever been before. I'm suspicious that perhaps the cable was not fully inserted when it shipped causing delays and that todays incident finally shook it lose.

I had the same problem... After changing out the leg mounted compass, and a few resets, I sent it to 3DR. The problem was the pixhawk, which they replaced, under warranty. They also did a full check on it and found two bad motor pods.... Replaced...... AND..... the turn around was 5 days.. Sent it out on Monday, it was back Friday same week.Granted, I am in Northern CA and the service center is in SanDiego,. but the solo was in the shop less than 24 hours.... Gotta love their customer service...
HOW much did it cost? theres ALWAYS something they hit you with.

have you taken it apart? the compass on the leg may in fact be on backwards. try a different area as stated and turn the compass around on the leg, the flat part of the compass goes OUTSIDE while the side that is UNEVEN goes inside the leg, it may not look right but its the way it is. good luck. also did you use a magnetic tool on the drone? this could also do it.

I followed your advice (Factory Reset), and now my Solo will not connect to 3Dr Solo App or Mission Planner, and the beeping continues. I guess I am really SOL now.
You're really replying to an extremely old post, but regardless... in all 3 of your posts you've given no indication that you opened the bird OR changed any parameters in Tower or Mission Planner. First, tell us please, have you done either of those?

You're really replying to an extremely old post, but regardless... in all 3 of your posts you've given no indication that you opened the bird OR changed any parameters in Tower or Mission Planner. First, tell us please, have you done either of those?
Yes, I have been flying with Tower for some time. However, given Tower does not accommodate elevation variations, I decided to give Mission Planner a go. With my Solo connected to Mission planner, I played around (a wizard was launched?), and a level calibration was conducted. However the level calibration stalled (did not end), So I killed the calibration procedure. This was my first entry into Mission Planner, so I was not sure what I was doing. Just before disconnecting from Mission Planner, Mission Planner informed me that the Solo was not level, and then my Solo started beeping. Started beeping every time I turned it on. I later conducted a Factory Reset on Solo. Now Solo App or Mission Planner will not my connect to my Solo. I thought a factory reset would restore all settings, apparently not. Dam, I'm SOL and in the middle of Sierra Leone with projects to complete.

Yes, I have been flying with Tower for some time. However, given Tower does not accommodate elevation variations, I decided to give Mission Planner a go. With my Solo connected to Mission planner, I played around (a wizard was launched?)....
Gosh, the above remarks probably should have been your initial remarks in your plee for help.

I don't really use MP so perhaps someone can jump on here and help you out. Always dangerous changing "stuff" during mission-critical projects. I've shot myself in the foot like that a few times.

In tower or MP, pull up the parameters and look for SYS_SW_MREV. Set it to 0 (zero). Save it, upload it to solo and REBOOT solo. That will set all internal pixhawk parameters back to default settings. A Factory reset doesn't do this.

After doing this, preform a compass and level calibration from the solo app, as it resets those parameters too.

Also, do not use any of the wizards in mission planner. Unless you have the proper frame set up, it will totally hose your settings and you will have very unexpected behavior as it tries to do things meant for a different frame, motor configuration, etc. Tower and MP can be very dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

You can TRY to do a factory reset again, using 3dr's specific instructions from their website and taking your time, being certain that every step completes before doing the next step.

Are you powering up:
  • App (let it completely open), then
  • Powering up and completely booting the controller, then
  • Booting Solo, then trying to connect?

Try removing the battery from the controller and restarting procedure again. You are obviously going to have to connect to restore some parameters.

Be patient in all procedures and wait for buzzing and blinking to finish... then wait some more before proceeding.

In tower or MP, pull up the parameters and look for SYS_SW_MREV. Set it to 0 (zero). Save it, upload it to solo and REBOOT solo. That will set all internal pixhawk parameters back to default settings. A Factory reset doesn't do this.

Tower and MP can be very dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing.
I thought Jonty could no longer connect to MP...

Did he try tower? I suggested both as both will do the same thing. Not sure what he means by he can't connect. Is he using the default sololink password after the factory reset?

Did he try tower? I suggested both as both will do the same thing. Not sure what he means by he can't connect. Is he using the default sololink password after the factory reset?
My next question was - does he even see the Sololink network at all. The trouble with troubleshooting these probs is we only get the info spoonfed. Good thought about now needing the default PW - if the system did indeed get reset.

I've just logged onto the Internet, but my Solo is locked away at a different location. I will provide some answers to your questions. PdxSteve: Although my tablet can connect to the WiFi (I assume the controller is emitting the WiFi signal?), all software (Solo App, Tower and MP) cannot connect to - (find) my Solo. Yes I do see the Sololink network, and am using the default password 'sololink', all is good there. SARDG: I like your suggestion of attempting Factory Rest; it seems to be the only way out of this forest, especially given the Controler and Solo are not connecting. Guys, when I get to my kit (Solo, Controler & tablet), I will re-attempt to connect Controller to Solo via Tower. If that fails I will re-research the Factory Reset.. Have any of you seen the movie 'Hunchback of Notre-Dame', The Bells, The Bells (The Bleeping, The Bleeping) OMG, can it please stop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig