Compatible with Xiomi Yi 2 4k and Gopro Hero5?

Zai

Reaction score
Hi fellow members,

Very interested in getting my first drone and 3dr solo is up there as my top 3 choice.. i will definitely require an external camera and so far these 2 camera seems to be the best in the market, in my opinion.. i will also be using the camera on its own if not flying the drone..

So qn is, any one of them or both are compatible with the 3dr solo and its gimbal?

Hope for your inputs!

Gimbal most definitely not compatible with GP5. Don't know much about Y1, but if you want camera control, the camera will have to have the Hero Bus connector on the back and be plug compatible with Hero 3 or 4 series.

You're probably shooting yourself in the foot if you want to use the gimbal and you don't get at least a Hero 3 of some variant, but preferably Hero 4 Black. They should be discounted soon since the 5 is out, and the 3 and 4 allegedly discontinued.

Before you ask... DO NOT look for or even consider in your wildest dreams that 3DR will release a Solo gimbal for GP5!

In a recent comparison by @MicBergsma (as I remember), people on this forum generally considered the video better from the GP4, than 5.

ETA: There are some capabilities differences in 4 to 5. Check the GP site and do your due diligence.

Hi fellow members,

Very interested in getting my first drone and 3dr solo is up there as my top 3 choice.. i will definitely require an external camera and so far these 2 camera seems to be the best in the market, in my opinion.. i will also be using the camera on its own if not flying the drone..

So qn is, any one of them or both are compatible with the 3dr solo and its gimbal?

Hope for your inputs!
The stock gimbal is specifically designed for the hero 3 and 4. But I mean, you could probably just rubber band the yi cam to the gimbal and hope it stays.

There is a small project for the Xiaomi Yi Camera on GitHub, if you are brave enough to fiddle with the Solo code:

GitHub - kellyschrock/3drsolo_xiaomi: Files related to using the Xiaomi Yi camera on the 3DR Solo

Looks a tad too complicated..
Furthermore i believe this is for the older version of the Xiaomi Yi.. not sure if it works with the Xiomi yi 2 4k version..

The stock gimbal is specifically designed for the hero 3 and 4. But I mean, you could probably just rubber band the yi cam to the gimbal and hope it stays.
Rubber band?? Wow that seems a risk too much to take.. u do that often Adam?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks