Colins 7/19 newsletter/email

Reaction score
Was just reading the email that I got from 3DR over the weekend.

They are definitely a marketing company for sure. I guess they must be somewhat good at that as I personally bought into it, or at this point I am giving it a try.

I like how they called it a incredibly popular launch. Guess that's safer than calling it a incredibly successful launch.

I find their message a little deceiving. They talk about "popular launch", "and ever since the media have been talking a lot about", etc.

Then they go on to quote media comments from April using a Solo with Gimbal based on 3DRs comments on what it would do. No actual after launch info.

Hi again from 3DR!

Solo had an incredibly popular launch, and ever since the media have been talking a lot about the world’s first smart drone. With the power of twin 1 GHz computers and Smart Shots, Solo makes aerial moviemaking easy for anyone—and that seems to be a pretty big story. We wanted to pass along some of the quotes that make us most proud of this groundbreaking product, as well as some press appearances our team has made in the course of the launch. See for yourself what other people are saying about Solo!

Yea I have no intention of getting a new one. Their offer is the best in the industry and I am not going to take advantage of what is already a good thing.

But I will be giving the Solo a workout with the gimbal during those 30 days in hopes that the video quality from the GoPro gimbal setup is really good.

The Solo at this point has not really met my expectations so great video is the only thing that will save it.

When I read this email in my inbox I was really disappointed with the statement of a successful launch.

What are they measuring as successful? Is it units sold?

Reactions: rrmccabe
Yea I have no intention of getting a new one. Their offer is the best in the industry and I am not going to take advantage of what is already a good thing.

But I will be giving the Solo a workout with the gimbal during those 30 days in hopes that the video quality from the GoPro gimbal setup is really good.

The Solo at this point has not really met my expectations so great video is the only thing that will save it.

Make sure you have the 2 yr full replacement policy on your gopro cam! you will need it. You get up to 3 full replaced cameras in a 2 yr period. I already used one of my three!

Make sure you have the 2 yr full replacement policy on your gopro cam! you will need it. You get up to 3 full replaced cameras in a 2 yr period. I already used one of my three!

I have a Peau custom 5.4 lens in mine. I have already voided my warranty within one week of buying the GoPro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela