Change frequency from 2.5 Ghz to 5 Ghz?

Reaction score
I know this is a newb question, before I ask it, but any help would be greatly appreciated...

From everything I have read, it seems as though it's best to operate the Solo at 5 Ghz, as most wireless routers are set to 2.5 Ghz. I have searched through the app and documentation and cannot seem to find where this setting is. Does anyone know where I change this? I bought a couple of TP-LINK antennae to increase my range, but the package says they are "2.4 GHz operating frequency workable for 11b/g/n Workable". I am confused... Does anyone know if I need to change the settings somewhere and buy antennae that work with 5 GHz or what?

I know this is a newb question, before I ask it, but any help would be greatly appreciated...

From everything I have read, it seems as though it's best to operate the Solo at 5 Ghz, as most wireless routers are set to 2.5 Ghz. I have searched through the app and documentation and cannot seem to find where this setting is. Does anyone know where I change this? I bought a couple of TP-LINK antennae to increase my range, but the package says they are "2.4 GHz operating frequency workable for 11b/g/n Workable". I am confused... Does anyone know if I need to change the settings somewhere and buy antennae that work with 5 GHz or what?

Solo operates on the 2.4gHz wifi frequencies. There is no option to use 5gHz.

Not possible. Or easy anyway.

Totally different band. Different transmitter, different receiver, different antennas on both ends and software designed for 2.4.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

You can probably get it to operate in the 5gz range but it'll involve changes in hardware and software and become a pain in the ass to maintain as firmware upgrades become available.

I don't think it's worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks