Can't get video to work..any ideas?

Reaction score
I have read about getting video to work...i must be missing something.....im open to suggestions...
Thanks

What does this mean? You have a gimbal? GoPro 3, 4, or ???
Running Solo on iOS, Android, and on what?
What kind of basic diagnostics have you done so far?

hello...thx for your response...i have solo gimble,gopro 4 silver w/screen with android on a S6 edgeplus....im new to the solo so im not sure how to diagnose.ive done the updates,ive read on different post of a certain order of turning things on and ive tried several ways...
the red record/stop button/ light comes on and works and records to gopro and can watch on gopro aft flight...i hope i gave you enough info..thanks again for any ideas..

I had a similar issue on my first flight with a solo, camera was recording but I'd only get a black screen on the live feed on the phone. Found that switching to 1080P, 60 FPS and Medium FOV fixed it. Then I was able to go into the settings on the app to adjust. Also, make sure the HDMI cable is properly seated by pushing it in firmly. Sometimes it's easy for it to be loose and not have a proper physical connection.

Hopefully it is as simple as Davesavalance suggests. If not then I think I'd go through a full step-by-step:
  • Verify that the GoPro HDMI is working (plug it into a TV for example).
  • Remove the gimbal. Then remove the props. Plug the HDMI out of the GoPro directly into the HDMI cable on the Solo, power on the controller, the camera, and the Solo. Connect through the Solo App, hit the "Fly" button on the app and see if you've got video. (Hope I'm remembering this correctly .. maybe it is only called "Fly" on the Solex app?. You get what I mean).
  • If still no video then you may have to remove the battery tray to check if the HDMI cable on the Solo is properly seated in the mother board.

Hopefully it is as simple as Davesavalance suggests. If not then I think I'd go through a full step-by-step:
  • Verify that the GoPro HDMI is working (plug it into a TV for example).
  • Remove the gimbal. Then remove the props. Plug the HDMI out of the GoPro directly into the HDMI cable on the Solo, power on the controller, the camera, and the Solo. Connect through the Solo App, hit the "Fly" button on the app and see if you've got video. (Hope I'm remembering this correctly .. maybe it is only called "Fly" on the Solex app?. You get what I mean).
  • If still no video then you may have to remove the battery tray to check if the HDMI cable on the Solo is properly seated in the mother board.

Thanks again for your reply...i have some time 2day and was trying what all you suggested...when i plug directly from controller to tv hdmi is says "se wait......booting"
Black screen,no video.
Gopro video to tv ok and phone controls camera ok and gimble moves ok from controller....hummm???
Any ideas..
Tx again

Im trying to get video on app...i was just checking 2c what was coming from controller hdmi.it sats " se wait.....booting" in upper left corner of tv screen...on the app,its black screen with the "circles"dead center of phone screen spinning kinda like something is loading....
Thx for the reply

Thanks again for your reply...i have some time 2day and was trying what all you suggested...when i plug directly from controller to tv hdmi is says "se wait......booting"
Black screen,no video.
Gopro video to tv ok and phone controls camera ok and gimble moves ok from controller....hummm???
Any ideas..
Tx again
I think you misunderstood me. You connected the GoPro to the tv and got an image. That validates that the GoPro' hdmi output is working. You don't need to do the controller hdmi to the tv, that won't tell you anything interesting. Instead we need to see if the gimbal's internal wiring is ok. To do that you must remove thee gimbal from the Solo (three screws, many videos on YouTube show how). When you remove the gimbal you will be left with an hdmi cable coming out of the solo that goes straight to the video transmitter of the solo. Plug that into your GoPro and power everything up (app, controller, GoPro,Solo). Don't forget to connect to the solo wifi. :)
See any video on the app.? If so then maybe the gimbal wiring is at fault. If not then then perhaps the hdmi cable running into the solo is not properly seated where it plugs into the main board.
Btw: I'd set the GoPro to 1080/30fps before doing any of this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44