Can't get GPS data from flash logs

Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm trying to get GPS data from my Solo logs. Had gotten the RECENT.bin files but all of them had no GPS data while viewed in mission planner.Before the flight Solo took some time to connect to GPS, so I believe that it should have the data somewhere.
Is there any setting needed to be made for the solo to record GPS data, or maybe I just got the wrong files or missed anything?
I'm totally new to solo log file so it is also very possible that I just made some simple mistake.
This is one of the logs.

I am no expert with this but this may help.

I open mission planner, then go to the data flash logs menu item (under the AH gauge) click on create kml + gpx, it will ask you for a file (bin file) then it will convert to a kml and gpx file in the same directory as your bin file. Not sure if that's what you are after but I use this method to overlay my flight path on a google map (using the gpx file) you can open the kml in google earth too. I am guessing these files must have some sort of gps data in them

As I said I am no expert :)

Hi all.
I'm trying to get GPS data from my Solo logs. Had gotten the RECENT.bin files but all of them had no GPS data while viewed in mission planner.Before the flight Solo took some time to connect to GPS, so I believe that it should have the data somewhere.
Is there any setting needed to be made for the solo to record GPS data, or maybe I just got the wrong files or missed anything?
I'm totally new to solo log file so it is also very possible that I just made some simple mistake.
This is one of the logs.
Something is wrong with that log--it's basically empty. Where and how on Solo did you get it?

To answer your question, no you don't have to do anything to get GPS data in the dataflash logs.

Something is wrong with that log--it's basically empty. Where and how on Solo did you get it?

To answer your question, no you don't have to do anything to get GPS data in the dataflash logs.

I got this by connecting to solo with winscp and go under "../../log" folder and copy all the RECENT-x.bin files.
All the files I got had no GPS.

I got this by connecting to solo with winscp and go under "../../log" folder and copy all the RECENT-x.bin files.
All the files I got had no GPS.
Interesting. The RECENT-x.BIN files are really symbolic links to the real files in /log/dataflash.

Maybe try this, in /logs on Solo you should see a log called 3dr-telem.log. Download that guy using WinSCP and open it up in your favorite text editor and look for 2 lines similar to this:
Feb 24 22:45:26 3dr_solo local4.info +593 tlm: GPS time: 2018-03-02 16:28:57.871000
Mar 2 16:28:57 3dr_solo local4.info +871 tlm: clock set from GPS

In my case Feb 24 was the last time I flew before Mar 2 @ 16.28.57.

Interesting. The RECENT-x.BIN files are really symbolic links to the real files in /log/dataflash.

Maybe try this, in /logs on Solo you should see a log called 3dr-telem.log. Download that guy using WinSCP and open it up in your favorite text editor and look for 2 lines similar to this:
Feb 24 22:45:26 3dr_solo local4.info +593 tlm: GPS time: 2018-03-02 16:28:57.871000
Mar 2 16:28:57 3dr_solo local4.info +871 tlm: clock set from GPS

In my case Feb 24 was the last time I flew before Mar 2 @ 16.28.57.
Thanks for the reply!
I don't have my solo now, will try it out later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig