Canadian currency rate and billing delay!

Reaction score
HI All,
I purchased my Solo and Gimbal on July 1st, 2015 and on that day the cost of the drone was as follows:
$1 USD = $1.2589 CAD
USD: $999.95 + $399.95 = $1399.90
CAD: $1258.84 + $503.50 = $1762.34

3DR delayed the shipment by 62 days due to gimbal issues etc. and billed me on August 31st and the currency exchange rate for Canadian dollar dropped drastically to the following:
$1 USD = $1.3662 CAD
USD: $999.95 + $399.95 = $1399.90
CAD: $1366.13 + $546.41 = $1912.54

The difference is $150.20 CAD and I shouldn't be paying an extra $150 CAD for 3DR's negligence.
I've talk to the customer service reps and they seem to be clueless and one even hung up on me.

Just curious.. Had the rate gone the other way, would still be trying to get them to correct it?

Had they taken the money at time of purchase, I'm sure the screams would have been louder for the delay; "They have had my money for 3 @## months and making $xx money in interest on my money! They should not make me pay for something they don't have!"

And if you pay by PP, I believe the do take it up front. But with PP I think they have to.

It would have cheaper to just buy it from a Canadian supplier. Solo $1299.99 Cad and gimbal $499.00. Just cancel your order and place it from a Canadian rep or go to Best buy Canada

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It would have cheaper to just buy it from a Canadian supplier. Solo $1299.99 Cad and gimbal $499.00. Just cancel your order and place it from a Canadian rep or go to Best buy Canada

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The gimbal delay also doesn't delay the Solo....

So guess what?
3DR was nice enough to write me a cheque for the difference. What a company! Keep up the good customer support and I'll recomend 3DR to everyone that asks me which QC this is.

As long as they don't hire Jubalr, they'll be in good shape.

So guess what?
3DR was nice enough to write me a cheque for the difference. What a company! Keep up the good customer support and I'll recomend 3DR to everyone that asks me which QC this is.

As long as they don't hire Jubalr, they'll be in good shape.
No Worries, too busy for another job. For $150 if they could get a squeaky wheel greased it was probably worth it.
You never answered the question though; If the rate went the other way, would you have called to say it was only fair since you committed at a higher rate?

Glad it worked out for you though. Congrats..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150