Can I connect Solo to two iOS devices?

Dan

Reaction score
Tried today but 2nd device beeped constantly and flashed error messages. Waiting for Solo and something else. Any procedure I should follow?

Yes you can. We have a Solo at work that at least 3 different people fly, all with their own iPhones. There can only be one connected at a time, but having multiple shouldn't be an issue.

Frank, do you know, can you have one iOS "followed" and the other monitor video at controller location for subsequent commands? Wishful thinking...

many devices can connect to solo at once. all of them will retrieve telemetry but only the 1st connected will get video.

I wish they would find a way to have any device to get video. Would be cool to let the wife see the video (as long as she don't touch haha)

I doubt there is enough bandwidth available to be sending multiple video streams from the controller. At least with any sort of decent quality. Telemetry data barely consumes any bandwidth compared to video, so I can see that streaming to multiple devices easily.

I think the HDMI out on the controller is probably best to allow others to view. From there, you can do whatever you want with the HDMI signal. Feed it to a 2nd tv/monitor, feed it to a laptop acting as a hotspot for others to connect to, stream it to youtube (via the laptop, assuming an internet connection), etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150