Broken Solo

Reaction score
Ok...so I was brave and stupid at the same time putting Solo in Acro mode.....quick flip and came racing upside down and thats all she wrote....
Now Im looking to rebuild....took it apart...board looks good....will be needing 3 pods, gimbal, gopro4 and new shell....
Can somebody tell me how much the pods go for??

Ok...so I was brave and stupid at the same time putting Solo in Acro mode.....quick flip and came racing upside down and thats all she wrote....
Now Im looking to rebuild....took it apart...board looks good....will be needing 3 pods, gimbal, gopro4 and new shell....
Just go to the 3DR website.. They have everything you need..

3DRobotics | UAV Technology - 3DRobotics Inc

I would order 4 pods in case there is unseen damage which could cause a failure in flight causing a crash. $60 extra is good insurance.

Sorry for the loss, I bet it was cool though...

Would you be interested in selling the three damaged motor pods?

Ordered everything....found the gopro 200 ft. away with a broken lcd screen but working

Sure....but what would you do with them???
I actually want to take one of the motors completely apart, windings and magnets. Basically a complete dismantling. Having the others would be just a back up for any mistakes I made in the process...thinking trial and error. My eventual purpose is to re-wind the stator and re-seat the magnets. Call if RC Motor 101, self taught class.

FWIW, bearings, shaft and shaft parts are available for the motor. If your windings or ESC are damaged, then it's a different set of issues. There is a video showing the pod disassembly. They detail several of the electronic components off the ESC, so in theory you could rebuild those as well. My interest is the motors at this point.

I actually want to take one of the motors completely apart, windings and magnets. Basically a complete dismantling. Having the others would be just a back up for any mistakes I made in the process...thinking trial and error. My eventual purpose is to re-wind the stator and re-seat the magnets. Call if RC Motor 101, self taught class.

FWIW, bearings, shaft and shaft parts are available for the motor. If your windings or ESC are damaged, then it's a different set of issues. There is a video showing the pod disassembly. They detail several of the electronic components off the ESC, so in theory you could rebuild those as well. My interest is the motors at this point.
Send me info

Make me an offer....1 of them doesn't trn anymore...the others seem fine....you can reach me at [email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44