A flooded corn field ate my solo!!!!!

So now the two remaining things i want to see resolved are 1. gimbal (its good or not). and 2. Range... if the antennas get me to 2 miles or even 1.5, im sold.
If 1 and 2 are met well, the P3 is OUT. if i can crash the solo this bad and it survives with NOTHING wrong with it. Come on, thats amazing

Reactions: Burkeam
That is absolutely incredible Ryan! I have been flying RC since 83' and don't think I have ever seen anything survive like that. In those days that would have been a $400-$500 fix on a nitro heli.

Here is the video of the events of my day.
It has to finish processing, but its late, im going to bed. enjoy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
LOS POLLOS LOCOS!
th.jpg

Ryan, I am sure the Itelite panel you have coming next week will get you the range. So I think you the only question will be how the gimbal works and if they can fix the GPS issues.

If I keep the Solo what I plan to do with it relies on GPS and great video. So that needs to be solid.

I know for sure I won't be selling the P3. Hoping to keep both but will have to wait another couple weeks to see how the Solo pans out.

The crash results are very impressive but its not going to be much of a determining factor for me as I don't plan on crashing being one of my primary functions. LOL Now you on the other hand my want to use your printer and make some bumpers !

my biggest concern is not the quad now... and its not the go pro (these things are solid). its really the gimbal. the design looks tougher than the dji gimbal, but its still going to be the weakest link.
I may design a 3d printed housing that completely covers the gimbal with aerodynamics so the device doesnt inhibit things too much. Just a thought right now.
I wish i could justify keeping both, right now i cant. However, i spend $1000 in WAY more horrible ways than this, such as 1. Chasing a hard eight at the Palazzo in vegas 2. A second 3d printer 3. Sports cards (when i was in to that a few years back, holy hell that got out of control.

I just dont know that I fly enough to make it worthwhile.

Reactions: Burkeam
I dont fly either enough to justify the cost. Its just pleasure flying 95% of the time.​

But is better than spending it on booze and toothless hookers.

Reactions: Raybro
A brief read over so I might have missed. Any submerged electronic should actually be fully rinsed with clean water then a final rinse or two with RO or de-ionized water before the drying process. Merely drying it out does not remove contaminates. This has been my MO for years and I have been 100% successful except for smart batteries. In wintertime I'll take the cast iron heater over the rice. best of luck.

Final note - I purchased mine with a accidental damage and spill policy. $187 for 3 years. I'm not looking forward to testing the policy after making holes in a wet farm field. I really can't believe the sold the policy for a drone.

I dont fly either enough to justify the cost. Its just pleasure flying 95% of the time.​

But is better than spending it on booze and toothless hookers.
Well if ur tiger woods for sure. His game collapsed after that scandal :)

Reactions: rrmccabe
This is not your fault ... You have a condition known as "Dumb Thumbs" ... I suffered for years from this and planted many models. Recovery is a long process ... I know

:rolleyes:

A few folks wanted to see exactly where it went down...
so here you go.
scene of the crash... water is down a lot since then

A few folks wanted to see exactly where it went down...
so here you go.
scene of the crash... water is down a lot since then
arn't you glad you didn't go down in the middle of that corn field?
i doubt you would have found it with out a tracker

Dirby where do you live? Are you familiar with corn fields? Serious question... Reason i ask is the tops of the corn look full and ominous, below is just the stalk... so you can walk right down the middle of the cornfield and see everything... squat down and see hundreds of yards down.
Yes, id rather have done what i did to protect the quad a bit haha

Dirby where do you live? Are you familiar with corn fields? Serious question... Reason i ask is the tops of the corn look full and ominous, below is just the stalk... so you can walk right down the middle of the cornfield and see everything... squat down and see hundreds of yards down.
Yes, id rather have done what i did to protect the quad a bit haha
i live in Dothan Al.
originly from meriden conn.
yes i know what corn fields are like.
i have flown Free Flight model most of my life.
i have walked up and down many corn fields looking for models.
some i have found some i have not.
when the corn gets above 6 feet tall than you are getting into big trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo