Broken Gimble HDMI connector

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the $399 bundle from Best Buy, and when attempting to install the gimble, the HDMI connector just fell off. I am pretty good with electronics, and I have some experience with boards and such, so I think I know what I am doing. It looks like the HDMI connector on the ginble board is press soldered into place to makes the connection on the board pins. In My case, it seems that the connection was so week that the attempt to attach the cable end, broke off the board connector.

Has anyone here experienced this?

I called Best Buy, and they will order me a replacement. I just hope they still have some gimbles in stock to order.

Just pulled the trigger on the $399 bundle from Best Buy, and when attempting to install the gimble, the HDMI connector just fell off. I am pretty good with electronics, and I have some experience with boards and such, so I think I know what I am doing. It looks like the HDMI connector on the ginble board is press soldered into place to makes the connection on the board pins. In My case, it seems that the connection was so week that the attempt to attach the cable end, broke off the board connector.

Has anyone here experienced this?

I called Best Buy, and they will order me a replacement. I just hope they still have some gimbles in stock to order.
since you just got it better to get a new one from bestbuy. I had some problems on my gimbal that i got a couple of days ago and went to best buy and got an exchange on it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks