Hey your other option folks (and it's not cheap or anywhere near as cool), but if you want cool LED lights on your drone, buy two lume cubes and use the lume cube adapter plate to attach them to your solo.

Reactions: Maddog
Okay, okay you twisted my arm. Currently the factory is configured for furniture making. (I can actually make money that way;)). I’m still in the red from Brite Lite.

I have one piece of furniture left to make and then I will turn out some more Brite Lites. It will probably be about 4 weeks until I can get started.

So anyone who’s interested, please send me a PM so I know how many parts to order and can check on current parts costs. A PM does not commit you to buy. No money yet, but there will probably be a slight price increase. I’ll let everybody know how much as soon as I can.

A PM? How can we brag about how many units we're down for if we send a PM. I want to make the public jealous damnit... Actually no PM needed, you can put me down for two and since I have two already, I'm willing to go to the back of the queue. Furniture huh? Ok, so a Lazyboy with a tablet stand build in so we can fly drones from our armchairs... damn, should i have trademarked that design?

Reactions: DJMc and Maddog
CARAMBA!!

The people are restless..Ok folks just let me know how many you want here, there, or anywhere.

It would help if you would give me an idea what you think is a reasonable price. I haven’t made any money off Brite Lite, but it would be nice to break even this time.:D

A PM? How can we brag about how many units we're down for if we send a PM. I want to make the public jealous damnit... Actually no PM needed, you can put me down for two and since I have two already, I'm willing to go to the back of the queue. Furniture huh? Ok, so a Lazyboy with a tablet stand build in so we can fly drones from our armchairs... damn, should i have trademarked that design?
Yes, you should have trademarked it. How do you get it to where you’re flying? Wheels? Gas engine?

Yes, you should have trademarked it. How do you get it to where you’re flying? Wheels? Gas engine?
I admit, this may require some more thought.... wait a tick.... you put tracks on it and make it controlled via Ardurover... you can then use Solex to DRIVE there... god I'm a genius...and modest...

I want to see some of this furniture dammit! I will take another set of lights Mark. Hmmmmm. price? Well we have no idea how to put a price tag on this device but I’ll tell you this-
Anyone who will stand behind their product as you have, has gained my respect. When Learning2Fly’s Solo flew away and was lost, you never even hesitated. Without L2F asking, you offered to send him a replacement set of Brite Lites and he wasn’t the only one! Another member’s drone crashed in the water and you extended the same courtesy. I know Solo owners appreciated the gesture taking away a little of the financial sting of losing several hundred dollars in drone, gimbal and customization. You set the price and I’ll send my payment; my trust, you’ve earned that long ago.
I’ll also take a couch, coffee table and two end tables. Also throw in a dining room table, big enough for 8, of course with chairs. And a bedroom set- king size please. And some lights, I know you make these, they don’t need to strobe cause they will sit on those end tables. And some porch furniture. Something nice and comfy- but not too fancy, or the hodlums will steal them. Maybe a nice entertainment center too. Add it all up- Do you accept Visa?

Put me down for another (in addition to the one you've already got me down for ) and I'm willing to pay at least $10 more per set if you can make them even a little bit brighter for me. I don't care about the extra 30 seconds of flight time if I can more accurately locate the bird.

Put me down for another (in addition to the one you've already got me down for ) and I'm willing to pay at least $10 more per set if you can make them even a little bit brighter for me. I don't care about the extra 30 seconds of flight time if I can more accurately locate the bird.
Sounds good. To make them brighter, I need to run them at higher current then spec’ed by the mfr. Might shorten the life of the LEDs, particularly the red/grn nav lights which are always on. The flashing ones might do okay as they are only on for about 40 ms.

I might add another red 5W led at the rear- don’t know how that would impact battery life.

Let me know what you think.

I want to see some of this furniture dammit! I will take another set of lights Mark. Hmmmmm. price? Well we have no idea how to put a price tag on this device but I’ll tell you this-
Anyone who will stand behind their product as you have, has gained my respect. When Learning2Fly’s Solo flew away and was lost, you never even hesitated. Without L2F asking, you offered to send him a replacement set of Brite Lites and he wasn’t the only one! Another member’s drone crashed in the water and you extended the same courtesy. I know Solo owners appreciated the gesture taking away a little of the financial sting of losing several hundred dollars in drone, gimbal and customization. You set the price and I’ll send my payment; my trust, you’ve earned that long ago.
I’ll also take a couch, coffee table and two end tables. Also throw in a dining room table, big enough for 8, of course with chairs. And a bedroom set- king size please. And some lights, I know you make these, they don’t need to strobe cause they will sit on those end tables. And some porch furniture. Something nice and comfy- but not too fancy, or the hodlums will steal them. Maybe a nice entertainment center too. Add it all up- Do you accept Visa?
Thanks for the kind words. My parents taught me about “customer service”. Treat all your customers like they are your best friends and they will come back and they will tell others. Referrals used to be the best way to build a solid business but today, people have been “programmed” to buy the cheapest price. They accept poor service because it’s all they have know their entire life.

So now that most of the population feels that way, businesses have done away with good service and quality craftsmanship because it costs more, and most people don’t care about it anyway.

I’ll get some furniture pics when I can. Does your Visa have a $100,000 limit?

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Sounds good. To make them brighter, I need to run them at higher current then spec’ed by the mfr. Might shorten the life of the LEDs, particularly the red/grn nav lights which are always on. The flashing ones might do okay as they are only on for about 40 ms.

I might add another red 5W led at the rear- don’t know how that would impact battery life.

Let me know what you think.

Actually, I was only envisioning the rear flashers as being brighter. So, if you can, drive those a little harder on my set. The flash is the most helpful in locating it when I occasionally lose the exact orientation.

Actually, I was only envisioning the rear flashers as being brighter. So, if you can, drive those a little harder on my set. The flash is the most helpful in locating it when I occasionally lose the exact orientation.
Okay, I’ll work on that.

I may have to use a couple cards to get to $100,000.00. - geez, this furniture is going to be sweet!!

I admit, this may require some more thought.... wait a tick.... you put tracks on it and make it controlled via Ardurover... you can then use Solex to DRIVE there... god I'm a genius...and modest...

Oh yeah, I saw one of those at Burningman.

Maddog. If you do decide to revive the project I will take one for sure... might even consider 2 plus a nice tip ;)

IT’S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Maddog’s Brite Lites are back in business!!!!
Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!!!
If you’re interested, better get on the bandwagon in a hurry! Bringing this horse back to life was no easy task- but remember;
A) We are AFTER the furniture, and I’m sure the factory equipment will have to be re-tooled
B) It won’t be overnight- you don’t rush picasso, so don’t rush Maddog.
C) There will be a marginal price increase- so stash away your left over change from lunch
D) I have a functioning set of Brite Lites- so I will gladly wait at the end of the line
E) Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth; we all thought these lites would be offered forever; when the demand stops, Maddog shuts the factory down. Next time he may start marking fireworks....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso