Bought two of them!

Reaction score
Been a drone user for real estate mainly for the past year. I went with Yuneec to start with. After a crash and then in October my camera fell off the drone while on a boat and went into lake, I got sick and tired of cheap built-expensive cameras. I already had a GoPro and decided I wanted to use it instead. So I found my way to Solo and the rest is history.

I was about to wait until Karma came back out, but today at Best Buy I decided I couldn't wait and to just buy two of them since they are going out of business. Great package with extra battery, gimble and extra props. So I have a back up for everything, plus 4 batteries, all for $800. So I should be set for the commercial year of 2017!!! And with a GoPro 4 camera too.

I also bought the Feiyu G4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal for my GoPro for walk though videos.

Glad to be done with that Yuneec crap!!! Oh also got a great Lowepro bag for it.

Glad to have found this forum!!! I will need you guys before to long I am sure.

Attachments

• drone.jpg
    drone.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 36
Happpy flying, solo does great, for pro work you might want to consider a flat lens on that gopro

So correcting for wide lens in Photoshop or Premier won't work as well as using the flat lens? I just did some short reading on the flat lens and one thing I thought may be a problem is less wide angle for interior video while making walk-throughs. I have had this GoPro for a while now but never used it for my commercial work. I will for sure think about the flat lens and do some more research. Thanks for the tip.

If you go for the 3.97 or a 3.8mm even you won't have artifacts from lens correction in your shots, anything you correct with software is of lower quality than straight from the camera. Don't worry about losing field of view, they are still very wide lenses and will capture what you need. I can't tell you how much I hate the fisheye look that GoPro insists on making their only option.

Reactions: MLTPHOTO24
If you go for the 3.97 or a 3.8mm even you won't have artifacts from lens correction in your shots, anything you correct with software is of lower quality than straight from the camera. Don't worry about losing field of view, they are still very wide lenses and will capture what you need. I can't tell you how much I hate the fisheye look that GoPro insists on making their only option.
But it's not the only option anymore with Linear Mode, introduced in the latest update. Works very well.

Linear mode is still just a software fix. Its fine for the 90% but not for the best possible footage.

Linear mode is still just a software fix. Its fine for the 90% but not for the best possible footage.
It works very well for me, and I've seen some outstanding videos made with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks