Battery Issue

Reaction score
Two of my 3 batteries appear to have a problem, both have just a single LED rapidly flashing and will not charge.

Ideas?p

Welcome, Anthony. I think a little more information is needed for us to try and help. Were the batteries new and not used? Usually new batteries out of the box come about 50% charged, which means with 4-5 leds lit. If you have used the batteries, how low did you fly them before landing? Flying Solo's batteries too low can cause permanent damage to them. So, let us know a bit more about your situation, and we can try to give you an answer. Good luck to you.

Welcome, Anthony. I think a little more information is needed for us to try and help. Were the batteries new and not used? Usually new batteries out of the box come about 50% charged, which means with 4-5 leds lit. If you have used the batteries, how low did you fly them before landing? Flying Solo's batteries too low can cause permanent damage to them. So, let us know a bit more about your situation, and we can try to give you an answer. Good luck to you.

I have used both batteries for only one or two flights each. Battery 1 was used for maybe a 5 minute flight and then put on the charger. The new day, went to put it in and Solo said the charge level was too low to fly.

Battery 2 was fully charged and used to about 15% I landed, switched batteries and when I put on the charger, never charged overnight

I have the exact same problem. I just purchased my Solo, and one of the batteries that it came with only shows one LED blinking rapidly, and won't take a charge.

Well, IMO, you may have a bad charger. I had a battery that flashed 1 led and wouldn't charge. I was able to charge the rest of my batteries fine, so I submitted a ticket to 3DR, and after some emails back and forth, they finally replaced it. Since it is happening on both batteries, I suspect the charger. If you can return the Solo to where you bought it, I would do so. If you can't return it, you need to get on chat with 3DR and go that route. Also, when batteries are charging correctly, the leds will stay on solid as the charge progresses. The flashing led indicates where you are at on charging. When the leds are all off, that should mean the charge is complete. I hope you get it resolved soon.

Well, IMO, you may have a bad charger. I had a battery that flashed 1 led and wouldn't charge. I was able to charge the rest of my batteries fine, so I submitted a ticket to 3DR, and after some emails back and forth, they finally replaced it. Since it is happening on both batteries, I suspect the charger. If you can return the Solo to where you bought it, I would do so. If you can't return it, you need to get on chat with 3DR and go that route. Also, when batteries are charging correctly, the leds will stay on solid as the charge progresses. The flashing led indicates where you are at on charging. When the leds are all off, that should mean the charge is complete. I hope you get it resolved soon.
Thanks. I am still under the exchange period at Best Buy but they are out of stock everywhere near me. I may just exchange the batteries and then if I have the issue again, contact support for a replacement charger

I have the exact same problem. I just purchased my Solo, and one of the batteries that it came with only shows one LED blinking rapidly, and won't take a charge.
Maybe someone else on here can shed some better light on this. To me it can only be the battery or the charger. If you guys know anyone else with a Solo, maybe try your charger with their battery, and your battery with their charger. A long shot, but it may give you an answer. Good luck to both of you.

Thanks. I am still under the exchange period at Best Buy but they are out of stock everywhere near me. I may just exchange the batteries and then if I have the issue again, contact support for a replacement charger
Well, if you exchange the whole kit, you will receive new batteries, and a new charger. I know waiting will be a pain, but it may well be worth it.

Try hooking the battery up to solo. Power it on and let it sit for like 5-10 minutes and then power it off. Then try the battery in the charger again.

I'll give that a try. I did try this before but the Solo kept making loud beeps so I took the battery out after about a minute

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc