Anyone got a good Tower write-up?

Reaction score
There seems to be very little documentation for Tower. I understand how to use it for the most part but I'm a bit fuzzy on how to get it going. I created a mission and uploaded it to the drone. I want to manually lift off and then enable tower to get it on its way. How is this accomplished? Also, what happens to the mission file that I uploaded? Is it stored permanently? How do I ensure that the Solo doesn't try to execute it under normal operations. I'm trying to compile as much info as possible and then I will write this guide myself.

Reactions: Maddog and timzee
I'll leave the input to more experienced users but as I'm just getting up to speed with Tower I'll follow your progress!

As you note, there's quite a bit of info scattered around re. Tower but haven't been able to find a Start to Finish summary of how it all comes together. Given they seem to be updating the beta frequently I assume any documentation will always be a work in progress.

There seems to be very little documentation for Tower. I understand how to use it for the most part but I'm a bit fuzzy on how to get it going. I created a mission and uploaded it to the drone. I want to manually lift off and then enable tower to get it on its way. How is this accomplished? Also, what happens to the mission file that I uploaded? Is it stored permanently? How do I ensure that the Solo doesn't try to execute it under normal operations. I'm trying to compile as much info as possible and then I will write this guide myself.
Taking off and landing manually is generally how I use it as well. Once you upload the mission to Solo, go back to the home (not edit) screen of Tower. Take off the Solo and after you get a little altitude, tap the 'Auto' button on the bottom of the screen, or you can also use the flight mode drop down at the top of the screen.

Also, after I have created a mission in Tower and upload it, Tower will ask if I want to append a takeoff/landing WP. I usually say yes to this and Tower creates this WP based on the current position. Then after the mission is flown and Solo is within close range, I will tap Fly or Manual and land it manually.

Tower | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

Taking off and landing manually is generally how I use it as well. Once you upload the mission to Solo, go back to the home (not edit) screen of Tower. Take off the Solo and after you get a little altitude, tap the 'Auto' button on the bottom of the screen, or you can also use the flight mode drop down at the top of the screen.

Also, after I have created a mission in Tower and upload it, Tower will ask if I want to append a takeoff/landing WP. I usually say yes to this and Tower creates this WP based on the current position. Then after the mission is flown and Solo is within close range, I will tap Fly or Manual and land it manually.

Tower | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

Thanks so much. That was the piece I was missing. I'll see if I can't put together a doc with some screenshots.

EDIT Where is the auto button exactly? Only thing I see is the ARM and DRONIE buttons on the bottom of the flight data screen? I did find Auto in the dropdown however.

Last edited:
Thanks so much. That was the piece I was missing. I'll see if I can't put together a doc with some screenshots.

EDIT Where is the auto button exactly? Only thing I see is the ARM and DRONIE buttons on the bottom of the flight data screen? I did find Auto in the dropdown however.
Yahh... docs are thin....

You have to be connected to get auto. Sounds like you also have an older version.

Also search for "DroidPlanner 3" as that is the previous name (and sometimes the current name) in developement. Also just search "DroidPlanner" as that will get you info on old versions also, and the combination will give you good info.

I was connected and could only see the different modes in the drop down list. Nothing at the bottom of the screen except Dronie and Arm. By connected do you mean satellite lock? I couldn't arm cuz I dont have satellite. Testing in the house.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44