Anyone else remember the good (bad?) old days??

Reaction score
Kinda' speaks for itself:

solodeal.jpg

wow! back in june i opened a best buy credit and i was going to buy the solo. it was going for 799.99 without anything! I'm happy i waited to pay 299.99 for the whole set:)

Kinda' speaks for itself:

solodeal.jpg
:)
I bought mine 14 days later than you. Same price.
And still having a lot of fun with it.

Last week I bought a Mavic for 1400 bucks.
What I can say so far is that this drone is feature and performance wise a generation ahead of Solo. Simply amazing.

And for sure you will get a Mavic for a few hundred in a year from now, while there is another generation out for 1400$ by then.

yeah you dont see Phantom 3 Pro for few hundred a year after their release...I dont even see used Vision 2+ or whatever DJI made in 2014 that cheap

the only reason Solo went that cheap is they made too many of them.

Yea, I have a near identical receipt. The pain is only lessened by the fact that I've since bought two more for less than 1/2 that price (total, for both!).

These things happen in tech though. I recently threw out a bunch of old income tax records and receipts, and among them was one for $1200 worth of system memory - 16 megabytes... not gigabytes... MEGABYTES!! 16 megs cost $1200 at one point!! Also paid $1600 for my first color scanner. Just have to pick your point, buy in at what seems to be the going price AT THE TIME, and try not to look back. I have more instances where I've saved large amounts by waiting than instances where I've bought something right before a big price drop, so... you win some, you loose some.

Reactions: RichWest
Yeah, then add the extras:

Props x 4 sets
Batteries x 5
Backpack
HDMI cables x 3
Leg Extensions
Peau lenses x 2
Go Pro Hero 4 black x 2
GPS mods
Aftermarket antenna Setup
Gimbal assembly/disassembly hours x ???
Testing and retesting micro/macro/? vibes hours x ???

Then the "Going out of business" scare:

Complete Shell
Motors x 8
Tablet Holder

Yeah, it's been a costly ride for sure!

Jerry

My company paid nearly $30,000 for IBM 386. It had 40m HD and huge amount of ram 96m back in 80s. Now a $90 tablet has better hardware than that. I can't remember how much we paid for the Solo prototype and the gopro, but we had a high 6 digit budget for test facility and personnel associated with the prototype. I recently retrieved the gopro from the dead project storage. It is a hero3+.

Solo changed the game with smart shots, no doubt about it
making parallels between 3DR and IBM however...that's almost comical

yeah you dont see Phantom 3 Pro for few hundred a year after their release...I dont even see used Vision 2+ or whatever DJI made in 2014 that cheap

the only reason Solo went that cheap is they made too many of them.
I'm afraid that the 3dr explain for the Solo's present price point is a little more complext than,,... "They made too many." Most of you guys know this.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso