Another near miss...

I refuse to give them the justification of my mouse click and advertising hits on their clickbait bullshit article. The notion of a a pilot seeing and identifying at little flying toy "10 feet away" at 6,000ft in the dark going 285 mph is ludicrous. It's a total lie, it did not happen, and it's nothing but click bait. I believe the pilot thinks he saw something. But to believe or know it was a drone is simply impossible and laughable.

I totally agree, pilots seem to be paranoid with the amount of "drones out there", and is pure speculation of what they see, there is no way, no how they could identify a drone vs. a bird moving at the speed airliners do. Unless, of course it's the size a bicycle or bigger. I think the FAA should get on board with these pilots speculation as insane.

I totally agree, pilots seem to be paranoid with the amount of "drones out there", and is pure speculation of what they see, there is no way, no how they could identify a drone vs. a bird moving at the speed airliners do. Unless, of course it's the size a bicycle or bigger. I think the FAA should get on board with these pilots speculation as insane.
I agree. Mylar balloons and their shiny material would probably appear to be a drone at high speed and reflecting from lights.

The best one yet was the media reporting "a passenger in seat 13A looked out the window of an American Airlines flight and saw a drone flying right along side the plane". There used to be a day when reporters didn't report obvious unconfirmed nonsense. 10-15 years ago, no reporter would have ever printed such obvious nonsense. But nowadays, it's not about news. It's about mouse clicks.

Reactions: Acroduster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421