And so it starts, the first exciting Solo add on

Reaction score
I'm excited about this parachute add-on as the video shows it not only working but the Solo landing, if you look at DJI's Dropsafe for example, their demo video cuts before the landing, so clearly it didn't end well.

Also I think there's a hint at a higher capacity battery from the chat on the FB group, nothing official yet though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool, but weighs too much, at 250g it's puts the takeoff weight way above maximum with gimbal/GoPro.:(.
Needs streamlining to be less than 100g, even then would be near maximum t/o weight.

The "maximum" take off weight 3DR quote on the Solo is on the conservative side. But I'd agree it would be good to see this in action with a Solo with gimbal too.

I know Philip Rowse (from what he's posted today) has been using this parachute system 3 months already so I'm sure if there are any issues there's a solution too.

I've seen video of a Solo lifting another Solo and I've seen 3DR quote maximums weights with some significant differences so I'm sure the only issue is reduced flight time, so I'm beginning to think maybe there is a new battery in the works as it will be necessary to accommodate add ons such as this and the new gimbals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado