Amazon Prime Solo

Reaction score
Newbie here,
Read hundreds of posts and thank all of you for the info you share with this community.
Ordered the Solo Amazon Prime Day bundle (solo, gimbal, backpack) with an expected delivery Aug 5-9. Surprise, no delivery. Contacted Amazon Prime support and talked to 3 people that spoke English as a second language (not that well). First said the order was stuck. Second said the shipment was updated( Sep 6-10). Third got a little smart with me. They finally connected me with a nice girl in Kentucky who stated that they do not have the package in stock and are waiting on 3DR to fulfill it.

Anyone else on this boat with me?

Wait, you can't launch a Solo from a boat yet:)

Just my opinion but without knowing what really triggered the drop to 599.00 to begin with one would speculate
Enterprise sales not living up to expectation
Warehouses full of unsold product
Failure of 3rd parties adopting the built for solo program
Massive and purpose drivin price wars started by DJI who can afford to cut margins to push others out of the market place
One would assume that the price point was more successful than anticiapated. So instead of meeting the goal of relieving dealers of old inventory it drove back orders into the main 3DR stock.
An we know their logistics is a bit lacking.

3DR is clearly leaving the hardware business, and hanging their hat on software.
I am sure the deals will be honored.
it will just take longer

My prime delivery arrived today.
As promised, I will open the hood and see just how they installed the gimbal wires etc.

Failure of 3rd parties adopting the built for solo program

Made for Solo program was a joke. Here is all the info they share to potential partners and we all know how worthless and incomplete the dev site is for anyone serious about tapping into Solos true power. It's no wonder nothing ever came out that wasn't a bolt on that had zero comms with the companion computer.

Attachments

• 3DR MFS - How to Apply.pdf
    36.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 3DR MFS - One Page Overview.pdf
    176.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 10.22.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 10.22.52 AM.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 22
Made for Solo program was a joke. Here is all the info they share to potential partners and we all know how worthless and incomplete the dev site is for anyone serious about tapping into Solos true power. It's no wonder nothing ever came out that wasn't a bolt on that had zero comms with the companion computer.
Totally. 3DR dropped the ball on this, not 3rd parties. Their api is incomplete, the best features aren't even implemented and it's a joke. The docs have a lot of "example coming soon" etc.
"We are working on a new video pipeline with public APIs to address this use case. Information will be published as soon as it becomes available."
"This guide does not yet document how to author your own Smart Shots, though this is being worked on. A conceptual API is shown below for how this will work. vehicle refers to a DroneKit API interface."

They just abandoned it about the time they announced enterprise. There is a reason why you're only seeing 3rd party stuff that only powers lights and simple stuff, and not a thing integrating with the FC.

Totally. 3DR dropped the ball on this, not 3rd parties. Their api is incomplete, the best features aren't even implemented and it's a joke. The docs have a lot of "example coming soon" etc.
"We are working on a new video pipeline with public APIs to address this use case. Information will be published as soon as it becomes available."
"This guide does not yet document how to author your own Smart Shots, though this is being worked on. A conceptual API is shown below for how this will work. vehicle refers to a DroneKit API interface."

They just abandoned it about the time they announced enterprise. There is a reason why you're only seeing 3rd party stuff that only powers lights and simple stuff, and not a thing integrating with the FC.

Yup this is the one area where I feel 3dr left an unfulfilled promise and its was a big one at the heart of what they claimed made Solo the ultimate platform moving forward. It's frustrating knowing the power that's just barely out of reach...

Anyone else on this boat with me?
Wait, you can't launch a Solo from a boat yet:)

Sorry about the hijacked thread... I got notice today that my bird was shipped. It is coming from the East coast so it may take 5 days or so.. I hope you get some good news soon!

Thank you for your replies.
Amazon emailed this morning that Solo has shipped and will arrive Wednesday.
Looking forward to contributing soon.
:)

Reactions: 1tom2go
you lucky guys. Im from EU... the price here is still 1300eur + gimbal :(

Thank you guys for the wonderful thread... I've been one of the first people to get hands with the SOLO last June 2015. The first unit had some GPS glitch and had to return it and purchased one from Best Buy again last July 2015. So far solid, but there's a glitch on the interface on Go Pro 3 (I know... I might need to use a new one). Hope someone can tell me the reason. I've updated the firmware but there's a BUZZ sounds every 5 seconds while operating Go Pro and the Controller.

Second, I want to but the 599 package like what is posted in AMAZON. I hope you guys had a chance to test it. Please tell us your experience, because I'm worried about the "Pre-Installed" caption that they say... Thank you guys for keeping this discussion alive.

Solo arrived as promised Wednesday afternoon. Hurray. Under a bit of a deluge in Houston this week. I'll let you know how things go as I learn and eventually fly. Thanks for your support.

Reactions: SKP
Ordered las night... ;^)
Can somebody tell me that the charger for controller and battery are included? Plus any manuals, etc.?

Last edited:
Ordered las night... ;^)
Can somebody tell me that the charger for controller and battery are included? Plus any manuals, etc.?
Yes the chargers are included. And there will be a link for the Solo manual. Don't know it right off hand. I'm sure one of the members here have it handy & will provide. The manual is a good read. I've read it @ least twice & still reference too

Last edited:
Reactions: SKP
Yes the chargers are included. And there will be a link for the Solo manual. Don't know it right off hand. I'm sure one of the members here have it handy & will provide. The manual is a good read. I've read it @ least twice & still reference too

Thank you... Hope there will be no glitch on having the gimbal pre-installed.

They have Site Scan and upcoming developments like Sensors and the like. I guess the Site Scan is an expensive platform and people are using Tower to supplement the flight planning to get waypoints. But hopefully they have a great team up with Autodesk. ESRI will be a next partner, per what I've seen on their site.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44