Already? Camera company specializing in Solo..

Nice....infrared available. Wonder how it looks at night. Night vision fpv flights would be fun

Reactions: Raybro
I'd be careful. I use a Flir that has 160 x 120 resolution, and it cost a few thousand dollars. 320 x 240 resolution costs about 10K, depending upon other features. You couldn't fly a helicopter with either of those resolutions.

And the Mapir is $300.00?

Reactions: 50wyldeman
Curious to see how those IR filters look without infrared illumination.

Good find I'm exited I'll at very least try one Sarah what type of other features would be needed for the ir to work properly in this case? Do you know? I've got no real knowledge here but would be a cool thing to have, but I was surprised that it's only 300 bucks after I've seen what decent IR scopes cost.

No clue RE what's necessary, but I've never seen a small, quality IR camera. The features are pretty simple. One pays for high resolution. I'm not aware of any reasonably priced IR video cameras. I'm sure there's some means by which to record what's being seen in a view-finder but, like anything, if it could be made, and be made inexpensively, it would exist.

Echoing the obvious ... Looks like there is interest in the Solo platform. I'd like to see something compatible with the 3DR gimbal ...

No clue RE what's necessary, but I've never seen a small, quality IR camera. The features are pretty simple. One pays for high resolution. I'm not aware of any reasonably priced IR video cameras. I'm sure there's some means by which to record what's being seen in a view-finder but, like anything, if it could be made, and be made inexpensively, it would exist.

Cool thanks, I agree your probably right. All we can really do then is hope they work and wait to see some results. Either way even if these don't turn out to be the ideal solution it is great to see that even before the gimbals out companies are starting to develop ideas and try new things that are compatible with solo and the gimbal. I'm all in myself at this point since I've bought and upgraded everything possible to accompany my solo, so I'm glad to see that companies are pushing things this soon after release. I was afraid companies would all wait to see how things went and by the time they started pushing accessories could be too late, there's a lot of potential in this bird and I just hope developers take a chance on it and it gets to reach it before it's out of date compared to the next gen quads. So seeing this is like music to my eyes, between that and seemingly great sales for fpvlr and other options, they are proving its worth making these things, from a business point of view. Hope next is sensors to address the only thing I see that the p3 has over solo right now, indoor or under cover flight, would help with the issues some are seeing too and those will sell for sure if priced well and further prove its worth making apps and add ons.

Curious to see how those IR filters look without infrared illumination.
These are the FLIR cameras that I have most often seen. The prices have come down some but as Sarah indicated, they are low res. BUt they dod a good job for what they are. And they are very small. Not much bigger than GoPro

Here is some info on the cameras...http://1uas.com/FLIR-Camera-Tau-2-336p

Here is a video with one mounted on a multirotor..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Sarah B
I've seen them used on drones for wild pig hunting down here in the south as well.

These are the FLIR cameras that I have most often seen. The prices have come down some but as Sarah indicated, they are low res. BUt they dod a good job for what they are. And they are very small. Not much bigger than GoPro

I hadn't seen that. Read the description, though. If you buy the bloody thing, you'll no doubt wind up on the Department of State's watch list. 8P

Reactions: Raybro

That's really cool but I was actually wondering how the 300 dollar Mapir looked. I'm guessing it looks nothing like the $2750 camera.

That's really cool but I was actually wondering how the 300 dollar Mapir looked. I'm guessing it looks nothing like the $2750 camera.
Completely different cameras and applications. The 2750 camera is a FLIR camera for night operations.

It has an IR filter only, like you can get for the GoPro. Can be used for agriculture and farming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks