Alfa Antennas

Reaction score
Hi, I received, installed and tested my new Alfa antennas today. I flew in a built up area and usually get about 900-1200ft on stock antennas. With the Alfa's I got about 2800ft, absaloutely amazing increase in performance. Maybe I will push that much further in an area with less interference. I don't know why I would want to fly further than I got today as at that distance the drone was flying in another state :) For $10 a pop, this is money well spent. safe flying

Hi, I received, installed and tested my new Alfa antennas today. I flew in a built up area and usually get about 900-1200ft on stock antennas. With the Alfa's I got about 2800ft, absaloutely amazing increase in performance. Maybe I will push that much further in an area with less interference. I don't know why I would want to fly further than I got today as at that distance the drone was flying in another state :) For $10 a pop, this is money well spent. safe flying

For those of us that don't know much about alpha antennas, did it lengthen your range on the wifi signal too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: blbraufman
Hi mate, I'm no expert but believe that is all they do, increase WiFi distance thus increasing overall flight distance.

Attachments

• DSC_1281.JPG
    DSC_1281.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
I just got mine few days ago and they don't seem to do anything for me ! Just started the process to send them back to Amazon! What direction you have them directed? The writing alfa facing solo ?
Please post a pic if you can I'll see maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Thank you .

This are directional anntenas so you have to be aiming them /remote to solo all the time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I just got mine few days ago and they don't seem to do anything for me ! Just started the process to send them back to Amazon! What direction you have them directed? The writing alfa facing solo ?
Thank you .
Simo- I bought them too a long time ago but they did not help.
Writing facing Solo I believe, but neither way worked for me.

Reactions: SimoB
Doubled my range at least. Have them facing down about 45 degrees with the letters toward Solo. Very directional need to have them pointed at Solo.

Reactions: 5068696c
I've got one set installed, one set still in the box. Mine work. Letters facing Solo, tilted down 45 degree angle. They are very inexpensive, so I could see the possibility of improper connections on some, also the turning, twisting, tilting, always makes me worry about that little wire going through those swivels and hinges.

Reactions: SARDG
Like this:
pDyPuM6.jpg

They definitely increased my range 3x over stock in an area of very little wifi signal interference.

Thank you .
Pedals2Paddles shared this image today, so thanks to him for the great image. Good luck, and hope they work.

Reactions: Simo
You could start with this before you buy some new antennas.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reading some info about alfa antennas some one said they opened them up resoldered & rerouted wire from in front of the face to back and got even better signal with reg.,wifi any one else opened their's up to see how they are put together.
Not telling anyone to do it but sounds like many people have them laying around after upgrading further.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44