After mRo GPS upgrade, Solex menu items greyed out

Chernabog, do you have the purple mRo board? Of so, did everything work as expected after the update?

Chernabog, do you have the purple mRo board? Of so, did everything work as expected after the update?
Hi Kennamer,

Yep, the purple one. All the updates seemed to have worked just fine, so I now have open solo 2.5 RC 1 on the controller and RC 2 on the Solo. I can't test fly it until later as its 00:45 where I am at the moment, so will probably be able to update you about full flight sucess in about 12 hours or so time :)

A little update on this, managed to get quite a few flights in yesterday and everything was nice and stable and flew well, both the bird with the mRo GPS and the one with the stock Rev B. So other than the issue with the High message traffic (which does still occur from time to time) the install process went quite smoothly!

Oh yeah, mRo was picking up ~21 satelites compared to the Rev B ~9 ... so the mRo is definetly worth getting just to give a bit more positional accuracy.

Three flights today and I'm still getting this:

7677008f210170142c3c71b00ea9ea23.jpg

I get the high traffic message and those menu items are still greyed out. I do not have a flight profile selected. I even tried to clear it, and it said something to the effect of: you can't clear one if one isn't selected. I just noticed that it says NONE at the bottom of the screen in the image I uploaded.

I don't know what else to try.

Three flights today and I'm still getting this:

I get the high traffic message and those menu items are still greyed out. I do not have a flight profile selected. I even tried to clear it, and it said something to the effect of: you can't clear one if one isn't selected. I just noticed that it says NONE at the bottom of the screen in the image I uploaded.

I don't know what else to try.

Out of the two solos I updated, the older one (the one with the mRo) also kept on showing the high message traffic warning all the time for 5 of the 6 flights (it went away on the 6th flight). The other newer solo (with a Rev B in it) only showed the message briefly at first connect to solex (when it initially downloads parameters). I am unsure if it is the mRo that is perhaps causing this, or tha the older solo perhaps has an error somewhere, as on occasion it also flags up calibrating sensors on the controller (very briefly), when it is sitting unmoving before take off, so perhaps a slightly dodgey gyro or something (although I did not get any EFK errors or anything during flight, all seemed nice and stable).

The message itself though did not casue any issues during flight (video feedback etc. was fine), but like you, it does grey out those menu settings.

Try calibrating the compass, let the aircraft rest for 30 secounds or so and see if the message goes away ... it might force it into re-sending parameters to resolve the issue.

C.

Well I'm still at a loss.

I sort of fixed my menu problem by selecting a flight profile (which I had never done before), then resetting it. It seems to have intermittently enabled some of the menu items that were greyed out, but not 100% of the time.

I also noticed while troubleshooting that my IMU light is on solid orange. I flashed the Ardupilot reset from Solex, then reflashed Open Solo to no avail. Same issue. To be honest, I don't know if it was solid orange before the GPS swap, but I do know that I didn't have any Solex glitches.

Now when I try to calibrate the IMU through Solex, it says it can't initiate it, but seems to do it anyway.

So now my question is:

Is there anyone out there who has the purple mRo GPS installed running Open Solo with a stock cube that has everything working properly... including the IMU light not being on solid orange? Funny thing is everything seems to work fine. I just keep getting high traffic messages, and intermittent access to the same menu items as in my original post.

I know the purple mRo is USB configurable, so maybe there is a setting that is wrong in mine triggering a problem with the IMU?

Any help or sympathy is appreciated. :)

The EKF error only happened once then went away. The menu items being greyed out remains.

Anyone else have the purple mRo GPS and Solex?
Yeah, I've got the purple and Solex. Flies just fine, with much quicker sat acquisition, but I do get alot more "LEVEL ERROR"s. Almost every time I bring it in for a battery change I get that upon reboot. Aggravating!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig