After market HDMI currently being tested and so far so good.

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Okay so I had some time to test my new HDMI cable today that I had design and manufacture by a friend of mine in China. So far the after market slim HDMI cable has fixed the following issues I was experiencing with the OEM HDMI cable, one, rolling video on the Solo app while in fight that would randomly occur, two, a video problem that would randomly happen when starting the Solo up from a cold start, the Solo app would indicate that the Gopro video was loading up yet never did until resetting the Solo and the Gopro. I'll be doing more testing before considering the sale of this slim HDMI cable for Solo to members, cheers. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20151102_174941.jpg
    IMG_20151102_174941.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20151102_175610.jpg
    IMG_20151102_175610.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20151102_175615.jpg
    IMG_20151102_175615.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20151102_180200~2.jpg
    IMG_20151102_180200~2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Looks rock solid! Were you having problems getting smooth video before? If so, it looks like it's fixed. Keep us posted!:cool:

Looks rock solid! Were you having problems getting smooth video before? If so, it looks like it's fixed. Keep us posted!:cool:
I've had the common shake
Honestly I don't know a single person on this form that doesn't have some type of micro vibrations in there video except for probably the 3DR marking team, I'm trying really hard to find ways to isolate the problem but one thing at a time, with my HDMI slim cable it reduces vibration slightly but no completely of course because not all the vibrations are not all caused by the gimbal it self but by other moving parts such as motor pods unbalanced propellers etc. But at the very least my HDMI cable has fixed other issues that also very knowingly exist of the Solo.

Reactions: Maddog
Installed my Relish ribbon cable. Was much easier than I thought it would be. Just used caution with wires, didn't have to remove any pods, used a small slot screwdriver to leverage/pry left side up enough to get at the HDMI cable.. Went for test flight this morning. Noticeable difference in much smoother video but still occasional micro vibration when applying power either for horizontal or vertical flight. Hover and unchanging flight speed looks very good. Difference between the ribbon and the stock cable is, well, worlds apart. Like 3DR had a union pipe fitter fabricate the cables. I have balanced props and now have a strong suspicion that the data cable may be my next issue to resolve. Going to perform a circumcision on that shrink tubing and partial shielding. Oy'.

Installed my Relish ribbon cable. Was much easier than I thought it would be. Just used caution with wires, didn't have to remove any pods, used a small slot screwdriver to leverage/pry left side up enough to get at the HDMI cable.. Went for test flight this morning. Noticeable difference in much smoother video but still occasional micro vibration when applying power either for horizontal or vertical flight. Hover and unchanging flight speed looks very good. Difference between the ribbon and the stock cable is, well, worlds apart. Like 3DR had a union pipe fitter fabricate the cables. I have balanced props and now have a strong suspicion that the data cable may be my next issue to resolve. Going to perform a circumcision on that shrink tubing and partial shielding. Oy'.
Sounds like a good idea please share more once you do, that data cable is a problem just like the OEM HDMI cable, Also I also put on my HDMI cable with out taking off a single motor pod. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44