After 2 new green cube installs

Reaction score
I installed the green cube in both my solo. Solo 1 works great! Solo 2 on the other hand is stuck in waiting for solo land and app will not connect to solo. I have done the following: cleaned both SD cards and reseated each and glue down both. Tried repairing controler to solo, no go. Tried factory reset controler and solo controller gets stuck in update complete press a to continue( it will not move off that dime) and solo still will not pair. Checked all lights in controller all are blinking nice and steady. I thought that when I did the reset on solo and controler they would go back to the Open Solo without autopilot and perimeters so I tried reloading those packages but app says not available for this vehicle. I thought that perhaps the controler was bricked so I hit the reset button etc to no avail.
I hope one of you smart guys will (after some well deserved abuse) enlighten me. I'm lost in the list of things to try.

Did you update the controller with Open Solo? The controller contains the image to restore the pixhawk firmware on the Solo. So if you did not upgrade your controller with Open Solo you probably have the old 3DR firmware on the controller and if you did a factory reset you would have restored the old 3DR firmware to the green cube.

These are just conjecture, depends on what you did.

Did you update the controller with Open Solo? The controller contains the image to restore the pixhawk firmware on the Solo. So if you did not upgrade your controller with Open Solo you probably have the old 3DR firmware on the controller and if you did a factory reset you would have restored the old 3DR firmware to the green cube.

These are just conjecture, depends on what you did.
Not sure where you got that information, but it is completely untrue. Like, all of it.

It is not clear from your documentation because you don't state where the recovery partition resides. I assumed it was on the controller becuase you talk about it right before talking about controller changes but maybe it is on the IMX6 in the Solo rather than the IMX6 in the controller. Just not clear.

Why would I put ArduCopter pixhawk firmware on the controller??? The controller and solo are separate devices with their own IMX computers, their own peripheral hardware, and their own firmware packages. Neither one of them has files used by the other.

True but if you are wanting to restore the Linux or firmware on the aircraft it would not be unreasonable to store a copy of the Linux image and the firmware for the Pixhawk on the controller so when you do a "factory restore" you replace both of those on the aircraft.

So just set the record straight, what resides where?

It would be unreasonable and unnecessary, in addition to unused. There is a recovery partition on the Solo's IMX and the controller's IMX. And they each have their respective firmware ready and waiting. At no time does firmware or files cross from one device's storage to another. There is no means by which files transfer between the Solo and Controller. The operate independently, including installations and resets.

Ok i think someone asked me a question? Yes i updated both at the same time (to the best of my follow ability to followPTP vid). I am not saying i did not fail on 2nd go round, why else would i be here now. That's why i tried the factory reset. I though i could reload green cube again . HOWEVER, the app says i cant use on this vechical.
Can we pretend that i just blew it(hard not to cuss) and move on. If not ill use this one for part ant start on drone 3. Thanks

I think someone asked a question.
Yes, I loaded solo and controler at the same time. Righty after I did the first one.
Can we just assume that I did everything wrong. I don't like it when the parents argue.
Other than what I already tried is there a next move or shall I use it for parts. I need you guys.

Reactions: Damien
What does the controller do when it boots up... Go to waiting for solo, or back to update complete? The latter wouldn't make any sense.

When you factory reset the solo, does the pixhawk go through several reboots beeping and blinking? What do the lights do on the arms after factory reset?

The controller goes to waiting for solo.
On reset it went through 2 rebots and froze there.

I can see when it turns off(screen goes blank) and then turns on.after about 5 min it says update complete. Then it say press a b to pair. I do same, hold buttons and it just does nothing. After 15min. I have to remove battery to shut down. Reboot try regular pair. 10 times and give up.

About a week after P2Ps video was put up. I did the 2nd update on the first solo but I don't remember if it did on the 2nd which is the problem child.

I'm going to ask this question again with emphasis added. Please answer the question, not something else.

When you factory reset the solo, does the pixhawk go through several reboots beeping and blinking? What do the lights do on the arms after factory reset?

NO. Lights turn off(brefly) once then back on. Far from the light and sound show when loading. After completion they are same as before the attempt to reset. Did not know they should mimic laoding!
If you want video l can try in a day or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M