Adjust GoPro Settings During Flight?

Anyone who whines about 3DR is probably justified.

But at what point do you just move on? We've heard the same damn whine from some of these guys too many times. And when nobody is paying attention to their whining, they start a new thread with the same whine. Or if you type something positive about your Solo, they counter with their whine for the 100th time, or they post a response like one well known malcontent did last week when he posted that he wanted "to hurl" after reading about someone's upbeat post.

If you've sold your Solo, you have no business being on this thread at this point IMO.

But at what point do you just move on? We've heard the same damn whine from some of these guys too many times. And when nobody is paying attention to their whining, they start a new thread with the same whine. Or if you type something positive about your Solo, they counter with their whine for the 100th time, or they post a response like one well known malcontent did last week when he posted that he wanted "to hurl" after reading about someone's upbeat post.

If you've sold your Solo, you have no business being on this thread at this point IMO.

Well, for better or worse that's the way it is and that's the way it always will be-- as long as it's an open forum.

Been to a sports bars lately?? I've always thought that online forums are a bit like sports bars in that there's some pretty outrageous comments being tossed around by ardent fans of one team vs. another. :)

Perhaps I'm an exception but it doesn't bother me in the least. I also think most regular participants to sports bars & forums are able to make their own determinations as to how much credence to lend to points being made in particular discussion.

A-M-E-N.....

Reactions: Jubalr
Actually, thank you to those who have "complained" and others who are totally happy with the product. It allows me to make an informed decision whether to buy it or not. ....and I'm still waiting because I'm not convinced with the Solo or the Phantom. Both have terrible issues. The future is bright because many more companies are getting into this field. Competition is good! :)

Reactions: Greg Parker
You're right.. it's not soon enough. The rhetoric was/is "The new 3-axis gimbal delivers fluid HD video to your mobile device, offers in-flight recording control and access to GoPro settings—and oh yeah, it powers your GoPro, too."

The issue is not the GoPro changed their firmware and NOW 3DR has to change their software, the issue is, you could NEVER control your GoPro settings from the 3DR software.

At this point in the process the only thing 3DR has come through with is dragging out an initial launch over a 6+ month period with a product that has failed to gain the flying trust in probably more than 50% of its customers.

There have been others who have come through as well, all the third party vendors building and selling mods that actually make the bird stable and more safe to fly. There are a few winners, too bad the majority of the customers aren't them.

I'm not here to argue back and forth about the shortcomings of this product but let's not pretend that you have to be a lucky mutha *(&()^@# to not have been delivered a Solo that hasn't had some sort of problem.
I must be one "lucky mutha *(&()^@#"!!!

Since my Solo came back from 3DR for repair, I can't seem to find the "record" button while flying. I have to start ma gopro manually if I want to record. Am I missing something ?

iPad Mini 2
Iv had that problem once with my iPad mini2... But I just shut down everything and then booted everything back up...and the record button on the right came back on my iPad ..! But if your getting it consistently ..then I would start by making sure your Solo and GoPro is all up to date with the newest Firmware..

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Since my Solo came back from 3DR for repair, I can't seem to find the "record" button while flying. I have to start ma gopro manually if I want to record. Am I missing something ?
To record during flight you press the gimbal button in (the one on the top left) that starts/stops during flight
(Provided you have the gimbal)

To record during flight you press the gimbal button in (the one on the top left) that starts/stops during flight
(Provided you have the gimbal)
But he should also have a button on the screen. My guess is that if he doesn't have the button the software is not seeing the gimbal/camera correctly. I recall that the button would disappear when the gimbal wasn't there and when camera roll wasn't selected. Therefore, I bet pushing the button in this case wouldn't record on the GoPro.

How do you go from still shots on tower app to video and start video? I have downloaded new tower update, but do not see any camera control?

How do you go from still shots on tower app to video and start video? I have downloaded new tower update, but do not see any camera control?
Haven't tried the new app yet. It is in the beta though. Icons on right under live video. As I recall, they only show up after you enable live video, and after you connect.

Last edited:
This forum is great for new pilots. I started flying in January. I've learned so much here. All opinions should be respected even if you have a different one. I believe it's educational and at times sobering to hear them all. I have two Solos and thousands of support equipment for each one. I'm in for the long haul. But I have complained. I believe when you make claims that are for the purpose of luring others into an exchange of value proposition you have an obligation to hold up your side of that promise. I turned over my money immediately. Yet 3DR delivered half a product with a 50 percent failure rate in my case. I believe my complaints about quality and reliability are justified. I'm a businessman not a hobbiest. So I've been a little disappointed. On the other hand I just received my gimbal a few days ago and had a blast flying and shooting great video. I'm now waiting for gimbal number two and even more fun in the future. My opinion is 3DR will either be a much better company in a year or out of business. Time will tell. I hope they survive. There's really nothing out there better right now.

Haven't tried the new app yet. It is in the beta though. Icons on right under live video. As I recall, they only show up after you enable live video, and after you connect.
Thanks for the info. I have used tower before and it is a great app. I updated the app but I did not see camera control. I will use tower app tomorrow and look under live view for camera control.

Thanks for the info. I have used tower before and it is a great app. I updated the app but I did not see camera control. I will use tower app tomorrow and look under live view for camera control.
If not, sign up for the beta. I know it is in there, and the beta is very solid.

Just got my Gimbal and updated solo. Plugged in my hero 3+ as the solo app told me I had to. Did the gopro update an still says I need a firmware update. Just skimmed through here and apparently I have to wait for solo to do another update for the 3+ to work. Don't really want to go get a hero 4. What's another $500 at this point.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Just got my Gimbal and updated solo. Plugged in my hero 3+ as the solo app told me I had to. Did the gopro update an still says I need a firmware update. Just skimmed through here and apparently I have to wait for solo to do another update for the 3+ to work. Don't really want to go get a hero 4. What's another $500 at this point.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Actually you have to go back to the last firmware version for the GoPro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44